Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this, and reading the rules I didn't really have high hopes. Tried a 2-player game with a coworker at lunch and I was pleasantly surprised.

In particular, I liked that each of the decks really did have a unique feel, and that the village really did change the flow of the game. We randomly selected Bloodhaven, where everything causes you damage and damage is worth -1.5 points at the end. Just looking through some of the other villages, I can see how they would have shifted priorities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Just got this, and reading the rules I didn't really have high hopes. Tried a 2-player game with a coworker at lunch and I was pleasantly surprised.

In particular, I liked that each of the decks really did have a unique feel, and that the village really did change the flow of the game. We randomly selected Bloodhaven, where everything causes you damage and damage is worth -1.5 points at the end. Just looking through some of the other villages, I can see how they would have shifted priorities.

Please post more thoughts! I was dubious of this one too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much else to say. It was simple but engaging. There was some good tension about whether it was worth blowing a lot of coins to jump ahead and grab something from deep in the track, and when to rest. Game was very close. I won 26 to 25, because my opponent had one more wound (he had 10 wounds which gave a total of -15 points because of the village giving -1 point per pair of wounds; I had 9 wounds for a total of -13 points).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I really enjoy it, too. Played two games so far - one 2p, one 4p. It's like a cross between Nefarious and Diablo.

Light, yes. But silky smooth. Initial observation is I will probably soon want more than 6 decks, but I'm sure those are coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a nice light game with some interesting combos to create. My two complaints are that it runs a bit long for what it is (could use one of the shorter variants to speed that up) and that there's a bit more "take-that" then I like (which doesn't apply to 2 player, obviously). Other than that a fun game though. I'm looking forward to trying more combos of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Its a nice light game with some interesting combos to create. My two complaints are that it runs a bit long for what it is (could use one of the shorter variants to speed that up) and that there's a bit more "take-that" then I like (which doesn't apply to 2 player, obviously). Other than that a fun game though. I'm looking forward to trying more combos of cards.

The length is OK to me, but I agree about the "take that". Losing points or money is one thing, losing that awesome enchantment you just spent 5 on is another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Pan
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 3 games so far with my wife. I won 2 - lost 1.

The length of the game isnt so bad.
If u play with some1 that knows the game too, it gets shorter and shorter. You learn the cards after a while and u know what u want to take when u see it.
We really enjoy the game. The villages and the pick of the factions really can make lots of replayabiliy, but i cant w8 for an expansion with more factions!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.