flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
End the Shutdown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Continuing my series on the background to the system tiles:

Where Have I Seen That System?
Where Have I Seen That System Part 2 - The Cardassians and Ferengi

Here is the background information on the systems included in the Borg Expansion.

Argolis Cluster:
A stellar cluster of six star systems including Tagra IV. A Borg ship crashed here with one surviving drone who became known as Hugh (TNG episode 5x23, "I, Borg"). Later the Enterprise delivered relief supplies (TNG episode 6x06, "True Q").

Location of conflicts during the Dominion War (DS9 episodes 6x04, "Behind Enemy Lines" and 6x21, "The Reckoning").

Ohniaka:
Location of a Federation research station destroyed by the Borg in 2369 (TNG episode 6x26, "Descent").

Electrokinetic Cloud:
A Borg cube was damaged by an electrokinetic storm in the Nekrit Expanse freeing the drones from Borg Control (Voyager episode 3x17, "Unity").

Paulson Nebula:
Located in Federation space between Zeta Alpha II and Sentinel Minor IV. The Enterprise hid from a Borg cube in 2366 (TNG episode 3x26, "The Best of Both Worlds").

Transwarp Conduit:
Artificially created energy conduit used by the Borg to move throughout the galaxy (TNG episode 6x26, "Descent", Voyager episodes 5x15/16, "Dark Frontier" and 7x11, "Shattered").

Transwarp Hub:
One of six structures used by the Borg to travel rapidly throughout the galaxy. Voyager found one in grid 986 snd destroyed it (Voyager episode 7x25, "Endgame").

And a bonus system of sorts (check one of the space lanes).

Wolf 359:
Site of the first major battle between the Federation and the Borg. The Borg were led by Locutus. Benjamin Sisko's wife died in the battle (TNG episode 3x26, "The Best of Both Worlds", DS9 episode 1x01, "The Emissary").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple Todd says: "I'm from Ohio. I work in space."

Thanks for your efforts, as usual. Its the details like this that helps you appreciate what GF9 does for its IPs, often above all the rest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for continuing to post these, they're really interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.