Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So i'm watching this, and am wanting updates

Is there any new info about the print of this game?

Just a slight update would be cool(even if it may be to tell us bad news)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres a new Rallyman coming next year to Kickstarter. Its hexbased and the developer shared some pics on Rallyman Facebook the other day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know there is a new hex based version, i was hoping for more info than that

Surprised it is going to kickstarter and slightly worried that there may not be enough interest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:
I know there is a new hex based version, i was hoping for more info than that

Surprised it is going to kickstarter and slightly worried that there may not be enough interest

I'm not. Rallyman is not a mystery game.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what JCB has said in the Facebook post so far (via Facebook's auto-translate):

- 1/144 scale.
- Hexagonal tiles that can create all existing stages and many more, as well as shorter stages, making it easier to play three stages.
- Many different types of surface, but not all will be included in the base game: "we can't do it all at once!"
- Rules for overtaking.
- New cars including a GT car, and a surprise. GT cars are fast on asphalt but not great on dirt or snow.
- GT cars also allow for the possibility of door-to-door circuit racing, "for fans of maximum interaction!"
- Roll one die, move one space: "Yeah, well almost... surprise!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
Here's what JCB has said in the Facebook post so far (via Facebook's auto-translate):

- 1/144 scale.
- Hexagonal tiles that can create all existing stages and many more, as well as shorter stages, making it easier to play three stages.
- Many different types of surface, but not all will be included in the base game: "we can't do it all at once!"
- Rules for overtaking.
- New cars including a GT car, and a surprise. GT cars are fast on asphalt but not great on dirt or snow.
- GT cars also allow for the possibility of door-to-door circuit racing, "for fans of maximum interaction!"
- Roll one die, move one space: "Yeah, well almost... surprise!"

1/144 scale is the larger size right? Judging from the pictures it is. I can see the appeal but it seems like the courses will be shorter (due to table space) than if the cars were smaller and thus more could be fit on a tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each hex tile has like 2 or 3 spaces. It will take a lot of them to make a course. It's going to be a pain to set up. I had assumed that the boards would be like they are now, only cut out in hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:
Each hex tile has like 2 or 3 spaces. It will take a lot of them to make a course. It's going to be a pain to set up. I had assumed that the boards would be like they are now, only cut out in hexes.

I hope not either. I am hoping that the hex pieces themselves would be something like 8" across that would allow quite a big layout. I would expect the courses to be just as long as the current ones. I have the 1/144 boards and they don't take up too much space. With 1/220 cars on them, they are perfectly to scale. IMHO, they should stick with this pairing as 1/144 cars look too cartoony on a small track.....

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:

I am also worried about setup time and sifting through all the tiles to find the right ones. That's one of the reasons I got rid of Leader 1. Too much of a pain to set up specific courses. On the other hand, Flamme Rouge has a similar system but the tiles are different enough and, most importantly, have a code on them so it is easier to identify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
As a buy-almost-everything Memoir '44 player I have no problem with the tiles, and am looking forward to all the combinations that will be possible now. Rallyman Touge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any pics of the tiles in question yet?

I too was hoping they would be fairly large as setting up a small hex game and trying to replicate it again to beat your best score in 1P mode would be a nightmare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
the tiles in question will not be fiddly and small I can assure you

Also folks if you'd like an official update: we have a big work session coming up for the game this month. Expect more info, a press release and other details to come from that in the new year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This news is making me smile a LOT

Keep us updated please, i dont have a facebook account and rely on a lot of my info on these forums as do a fair few others

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
We'll be relaying info here and through the Rallyman channels as well as on SM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
its been a month...dont do this to me!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Haha, well, I can't say much more at the moment but we had a VERY productive meeting before xmas, a lot of dice were rolled and rubber was burned but we're very happy with it I can't say when for the moment, we're starting to put together the announcement but it's coming never fear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Let it be known though, i will continue my pursuit of you if you do not update me in a timely manner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
The Holy Grail Games website says the Kickstarter will be in August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
The Holy Grail Games website says the Kickstarter will be in August.

thats a whole 7 months away!!!!!!

angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see how hexes improves upon the existing game. As is, Rallyman runs so smooth, no complaints from me from any facet of the game.

But I wait patiently, cautiously optimistic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I dont actually care about hexes at this point, i just want the damn game and it isnt available!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
xBino wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see how hexes improves upon the existing game. As is, Rallyman runs so smooth, no complaints from me from any facet of the game.

It allows you a LOT more customizability and just generally looks nicer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
WhelpSlayer wrote:
xBino wrote:

It allows you a LOT more customizability and just generally looks nicer

Damn!!

I got a notification on this thread and come hoping it would have some concrete info angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Johnson
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb

Because I'm a nice person

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nooooooooo, image is not showing!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.