Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wally holland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks --

Knowing nothing about Destiny but having heard only good things about the actual gameplay, I bought some blank dice, labels, and a hole punch. I've got access to a colour printer for cards, so I'm making up a samizdat SWDestiny set to give the game a try. Here's the dice I've got:

40 red, 35 each yellow and blue, 20 grey -- tons of dice! (Thanks, aliexpress.)

I'm hoping to get my 7yo son to take the game for a spin.

So what dice/cards do we want? Does it make sense to duplicate the contents of a starter set and toss in extra dice/cards from recent sets? If so, which would make sense?

Basically I'm looking for an ideal 2-player dice/card pool, assuming the above material constraints. Thanks much for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbanks wrote:
Hi folks --

Knowing nothing about Destiny but having heard only good things about the actual gameplay, I bought some blank dice, labels, and a hole punch. I've got access to a colour printer for cards, so I'm making up a samizdat SWDestiny set to give the game a try. Here's the dice I've got:

40 red, 35 each yellow and blue, 20 grey -- tons of dice! (Thanks, aliexpress.)

I'm hoping to get my 7yo son to take the game for a spin.

So what dice/cards do we want? Does it make sense to duplicate the contents of a starter set and toss in extra dice/cards from recent sets? If so, which would make sense?

Basically I'm looking for an ideal 2-player dice/card pool, assuming the above material constraints. Thanks much for your help!

For a 2 Player Dice Pool to Start the Two Player Starter Set is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
Norway
BERGEN
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with Kai...

Here's a list of contents: Cards and dice in the box

2X this set is good as you will want to double-up on the character dice, and some of the cards. Keep in mind any unique upgrades/supports you will want 2 cards, but only need 1 dice.

I picked up 2 of these sets and we played quite a few games with just those cards, before mixing them into the collection.

Then just troll through one of the card DBs and pick your favorite characters, and of course their special weapons if they have one. Lots of the grey neutral events are good to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This appears to be a crosspost from Reddit, and I have the same advice people offered there -- getting a copy of the Two Player Set (or possibly two to mix together) is the best way to try the game out. You can sometimes find them on sale or with a coupon, especially if you have a Target nearby that is doing clearance.

I'm not sure if talking about piracy / cloning of collectible games falls afoul of the rules here however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with the others--the two player set is the best way to try out the game. Actually 2 of them so that you can run full-power characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.