Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Tang
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have never played the game before but i love the concept of campaign deckbuildetr with character progression. I am just looking at the character screens and stickers, and it appears that the progressive aspects seem a bit mechanical and generic. I know there are some interesting still trees and maybe that is enough to make the experience feel unique but I was expecting some unique aspects that distinguish Fighter A from Fighter B such as unique skills.

Are there enough interesting character progression pieces to be interesting on its own or even to warrant going through a second campaign as a different class? I imagine that the gameplay , being so market-centered, wouldn't change drastically. If so, what about the same class but different character? Still different enough?
Thanks for all the input..
I am really excited about this game but with so many other options(Hero Realms Ruin of Thandar expansion, Aeon's End, etc) I want to know more befote jumping in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tryp09 wrote:
I have never played the game before but i love the concept of campaign deckbuildetr with character progression. I am just looking at the character screens and stickers, and it appears that the progressive aspects seem a bit mechanical and generic. I know there are some interesting still trees and maybe that is enough to make the experience feel unique but I was expecting some unique aspects that distinguish Fighter A from Fighter B such as unique skills.

Are there enough interesting character progression pieces to be interesting on its own or even to warrant going through a second campaign as a different class? I imagine that the gameplay , being so market-centered, wouldn't change drastically. If so, what about the same class but different character? Still different enough?
Thanks for all the input..
I am really excited about this game but with so many other options(Hero Realms Ruin of Thandar expansion, Aeon's End, etc) I want to know more befote jumping in.

There are many different styles of play within each role.
There are many different ways to achieve those styles of play.

My wife and I retired our Ranger/Bard duo at 130xp. Those characters will wait for the next Adventure pack.
We then started up a new pair and will experience a different game because we will have different choices on a character-progression level to make.

If/when we get 2 other people interested in committing to a campaign, we'll have another run with another set of characters, and that will be different because player number drastically affects things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
There really is a lot to be gained by going through the game and playing different characters. In a 4 player game you really can just stick with your class's cards and every class is really great individually. I play 2 player, so I get to essentially grab cards for two classes, but even that means that when I play another character they will be drastically different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.