Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my tiles but they didn’t come with rules. Are there any special rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Lookout Spiele webpage, I found these:

English rules

German rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules provide an example that looks like this:

TX
XT

where "T" is a tile with a tunnel, and X is a tile that doesn't have a tunnel. The example says that the roads entering the 2 T tiles are connected, and that furthermore, moving the journeyman from one T tile to the other would only cost 1 movement point.

What if you instead had a configuration like this:

TX
XX
XT

In this case, if you want to move the journeyman from one T tile to the other, and they're connected to the same mountain range, would that still cost only 1 movement point? Based on how I read the rules, I'd say the answer is yes. But that seems pretty strong to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the answer is yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the English rule card, it says that tunnels 2 and 4 are connected because the tiles with the 3,4, & 5 are all the same mountain range.

This feels counter-intuitive to me because I think the mountains on the lower right tile (#4) don't look like they are part of the same range - the water appears to be dividing them into separate ranges at the corners.

Perhaps I'm just too conditioned by Carcassonne.

This tile's design would have benefited from looking more like the tiles in the base game. There the mountains on adjacent sides have a much more obvious visual connection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonely Boardgamer
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
oddbod wrote:
Looking at the English rule card, it says that tunnels 2 and 4 are connected because the tiles with the 3,4, & 5 are all the same mountain range.

This feels counter-intuitive to me because I think the mountains on the lower right tile (#4) don't look like they are part of the same range - the water appears to be dividing them into separate ranges at the corners.

That's really confusing indeed. I also thought, this tile has 3 mountain ends, but according to picture from the rules, this is one mountain range. Means, you can't close the mountain "feature" with this tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the caverna promo tile now count as a tunnel since they look identical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.