Daniel Galarza
msg tools
I met one of the devs who was demoing this game on Saturday and it was such as joy that I purchased it. Its Century: Spice Road, but I'm trading with people instead of a bank. How great is that?!

I won my first game as the Faderan, with the dev there teaching players everyone's strengths, weaknesses and strategies, while ditching all narrative:

"I'm Faderan, I need lots of little cubes, especially white. I sell big things because I don't care about them that much. I need Ice Planets so you can mulch them into Relics. I make people accept my Acknowledgement tokens as much as I can."

And that actually works for me. Therefore, I'm thinking of creating hand-scribbled index cards for each faction that spell out what a faction sells, buys, and needs. But I don't know the characters well enough to write them for anyone other than Faderan. Do any more seasoned players want to try their hand at writing these?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Davenport
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I enjoyed teaching you and playing with you. You seemed to pick up the game quickly.

When teaching any game, I always want to give the minimum information needed to get people started. We want to jump into playing as soon as we can. As you say, I gave just the barest information about each species.

Fortunately, the rules also have the short description you're looking for. At the very end is a side bar called "An introduction to the races of the Elysian Quadrant" which gives a very good idea of each races' feel, difficulty, and goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Galarza
msg tools
Continental Drift wrote:
Thanks! I enjoyed teaching you and playing with you. You seemed to pick up the game quickly.

When teaching any game, I always want to give the minimum information needed to get people started. We want to jump into playing as soon as we can. As you say, I gave just the barest information about each species.

Fortunately, the rules also have the short description you're looking for. At the very end is a side bar called "An introduction to the races of the Elysian Quadrant" which gives a very good idea of each races' feel, difficulty, and goals.

Well thank you, the game was a joy! I also felt my Century: Spice Road experience helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.