alpha beta
msg tools
I love the Exit series for what it is, but I hate the aspect that you have to destroy your own copy. There is one obvious way to play it non-destructively: Play this game at home next to a photo copier and copy pages as needed, then destroy the copies. But if you don't have a copier at hand and you need to do the copying long before you actually play, this is not so easy: Just posting the pages and cards you need to copy will be a spoiler, because you know exactly which parts of the game you have to cut/fold etc. Copying everything would work but is also a bit redundant and a waste of ink and paper.

For my own copies which I give others to play, I came up with the following idea: Similar to the riddles, I give the players too much information by copying too many cards/pages (and telling them that I did this). This way, they know that they cannot destroy non-copied components (but often enough that is obvious anyway) but they still don't know which ones exactly they have to interact with in a destructive way. This is still a bit of a spoiler, but a minimal one (and one I would not mind if it was given to me). One useful tool to solve the game can be some glue, in case some booklet has a front and back which interact with each other. 8 cards always fit onto a single sheet of paper and I recommend you to copy them without really looking at them, then write the respective letter (or number or symbol) onto their back and reveal them when you reveal the original as well.

Some puzzles cannot be copied at all without spoiling the solution, so you should still have a paper and pen ready and just copy an element by drawing it first. These riddles are not covered

If you are interested in playing Exit: Das Spiel – Das Haus der Rätsel this way and do not mind this kind of minimal spoiler, you should copy the following components, everything in colour:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The front sides of 8 cards onto 1 piece of paper:
Riddle cards C D E F G M N P

Booklet pages:
2/3, 8/9, 12/13, 14/15

I hope this makes it easier for some to keep their copy intact!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play at home and you have some scrap paper and a photocopier at hand, you can easily solve this without destroying anything.

I just photocopied a single page, the L.A. night sky, the rest was done with scrap paper and pencil.

Beware of using a pencil on the components. I found that my erasing (not the pencil) led to visible marks, removing ink from a page of the booklet (KOSMOS German edition).

Does anyone need an almost mint copy of this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens www.spielefreun.de
Germany
Heinersreuth
flag msg tools
designer
Nobody reads this, anyway!
badge
Doea anybody read this, anyway?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's enough to photocopy the page with the night sky (including back, preferably on one sheet) and the one card with the digital clock.

To be really really sure, you can also copy the three cards with the shirts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Lockey
Switzerland
flag msg tools
charrm wrote:
I love the Exit series for what it is, but I hate the aspect that you have to destroy your own copy. There is one obvious way to play it non-destructively: Play this game at home next to a photo copier and copy pages as needed, then destroy the copies. But if you don't have a copier at hand and you need to do the copying long before you actually play, this is not so easy: Just posting the pages and cards you need to copy will be a spoiler, because you know exactly which parts of the game you have to cut/fold etc. Copying everything would work but is also a bit redundant and a waste of ink and paper.

For my own copies which I give others to play, I came up with the following idea: Similar to the riddles, I give the players too much information by copying too many cards/pages (and telling them that I did this). This way, they know that they cannot destroy non-copied components (but often enough that is obvious anyway) but they still don't know which ones exactly they have to interact with in a destructive way. This is still a bit of a spoiler, but a minimal one (and one I would not mind if it was given to me). One useful tool to solve the game can be some glue, in case some booklet has a front and back which interact with each other. 8 cards always fit onto a single sheet of paper and I recommend you to copy them without really looking at them, then write the respective letter (or number or symbol) onto their back and reveal them when you reveal the original as well.

Some puzzles cannot be copied at all without spoiling the solution, so you should still have a paper and pen ready and just copy an element by drawing it first. These riddles are not covered

If you are interested in playing Exit: Das Spiel – Das Haus der Rätsel this way and do not mind this kind of minimal spoiler, you should copy the following components, everything in colour:

The front sides of 8 cards onto 1 piece of paper:
Riddle cards C D E F G M N P

Booklet pages:
2/3, 8/9, 12/13, 14/15

I hope this makes it easier for some to keep their copy intact!

Hi, thanks for the tip! I have just bought this game second hand as all the cards where unspoilt but The Buch pages are missing, do you per chance happen to have a copy scanned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.