Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Am I allowed to play more than 1 card from my hand to make for instance 3 high (the lowest possible hand)?
In other words, I play a 2 and a 3 which doesn't make anything higher than 3 high.
I might want to do this if I had selected to make 0 tricks.
I understand that I can play more than 1 card in order to make a full house, straight etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can only play cards that will be included in the set you are creating. You can't add extra cards just to dump them faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Brodie.
That makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noack
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you brodie, that is 100% correct.

All cards played from the hand must be used to build a legal combination. These cards must be part of the combination you use to determine the highest.

There are no kicker cards like in Poker, so you cannot just play extra cards to get rid of them or to boost your combination.

Even if there is already a combination in the community cards, it will not count for you, if you cannot utilize it with the card you just played.

e.g.
Community cards: 4 4 6 10

Player one: 6 -> two pair
Player two: 4 -> tripple
Player three: 7 -> High card 7 (the pair of 4s on the table does not count for this player, since he cannot use it with his 7)
Player four: 3 5 7 -> straight -> wins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem

Quote:
Player three: 7 -> High card 7 (the pair of 4s on the table does not count for this player, since he cannot use it with his 7)

This is an interesting one...it hasn't come up yet (and I hadn't really thought about it), but it's good to know. Very much different than traditional Texas Hold Em, so thanks for pointing out that example...I'll file it away in my brain.

We are really enjoying the game, it works very well with two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.