Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure these covered somewhere in the rules but I'm overlooking it...

1) North Edge: I'm assuming the "North Edge" where French reinforcements enter is the short bit of hexes behind the stream, not the long diagonal running from the stream to the Russian Guard's position. Is that correct?

2) Reinforcements: When activated, how do reinforcements enter? Are they all stacked on one entry hex where they all move off with their full movement? Or, do they all enter the designated edge expending one MP when they enter and then the next and the next? Or, do they all line up in column and expend +1 MP as they enter behind the stack in front of them?

3) Within 1 hex: The set up of Soult is within one hex of a town that is not on the map! My approach is to use the main map, locate the town, find it's off-map position on the Scenario 3 map, and then use the hexes I can on the map. Is there another approach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walter vejdo
France
paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Mike
1) yes
2) reinforcements enter independently of each other. Like your second case ( which is the default case)
3)one of the town is on the map of the game but not on the mini map (the name is). You are correct. This is the downside to gave no hex numbering, the upside beeing a nicer map.

Enjoy this scenario in which the French has to blitz in order to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent GERARD
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
waltervejdo wrote:
Enjoy this scenario in which the French has to blitz in order to win.

Yeah...Lost it after a fierce defense from the Coalition commander. Made me loss time and couldn't control my objectives in time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just completed Turn 1, the French managed to push into Pratze. It it was touch and go.

As regards the reinforcement entry rule: since the three cases I cite above are very common in many games, and since it could make a real difference in how quickly formations get to the fight, it may be worth specifying in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.