4 Posts

Palm Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio Madrid
Mexico
flag msg tools
I've been playing solo mode but i want to play the advanced bonus mode and the two players modes but I have some doubts about how the game is setup for diferent kinf of game modes, I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me if I'm wrong or something.

Solo:
-The goal is to get the most points you can in 8 rounds
-Just need the main deck

Solo + Advanced bonuses:
-Need the main deck and the bonus cards laid down on a table or behind the round tracker card(only side A from cards 21 to 28)

2 players (competitive):
-The goal is to get more points than the other player before all bonus card get bought
-Need the two main decks included and the bonus cards laid down on a table or behind the round tracker card of any of both players(only side A from cards 21 to 28)
-The first one to finish a round buys first the bonus card

2 players (advance competitive):
-The goal is to get more points than the other player in 8 rounds
-Need the two main decks included and three of the bonus cards laid down on a table or behind the round tracker card of any of both players(only side B from cards 21 to 28; choose three of this)

2 players (cooperative):
-The goal is to complete the disaster or disasters before eight rounds finish
-Need the two main decks included and between 1 to 3 disaster cards laid down on a table or behind the round tracker card of any of both players(side A and B of cards 18 to 20)
-Players can mix their stored resources to pay for the cards upgrades

I think that's all, sorry if i can't explain myself really well but I'm not a native speaker but I really liked this game and I'm trying to give my best to give any possible feedback, please tell me if I'm wrong at any part, because I alrdeady want to play the two players mode but I've been having trouble with the rules. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Most sounds right to me, though I thought the side A bonuses [the Outposts] were the standard competitive mode (just buying extra VPs really), and the advanced cometitive mode was the side B bonuses (the unique characters providing extra abilities/VPs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mietling
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
julio007madrid wrote:

Solo:
-Just need the main deck

Yes

julio007madrid wrote:

Solo + Advanced bonuses:
-Need the main deck and the bonus cards laid down on a table or behind the round tracker card(only side A from cards 21 to 28)

Yes. Except you must remove the attack and defend cards. These are not useful in solo. An easy way is to only include the cards with the basic mode 2vp on the back.

julio007madrid wrote:

2 players (competitive):
-The goal is to get more points than the other player before all bonus card get bought
-Need the two main decks included and the bonus cards laid down on a table or behind the round tracker card of any of both players(only side A from cards 21 to 28)

Yes. Then the second can buy one and continue going back and forth until no one can or wants to buy a bonus.

julio007madrid wrote:

2 players (advance competitive):
-The goal is to get more points than the other player in 8 rounds
-Need the two main decks included and three of the bonus cards laid down on a table or behind the round tracker card of any of both players(only side B from cards 21 to 28; choose three of this)

Yes. Just use 3 advanced bonus cards selected at random. If you add a 3rd player this is increased to 4 and a 4th increases this to 5. This is covered in version 1.3.2 of the rules which has some new corrections and clarifications.

julio007madrid wrote:

2 players (cooperative):
-Need the two main decks included and between 1 to 3 disaster cards laid down on a table or behind the round tracker card of any of both players(side A and B of cards 18 to 20)

Yes, except you select one of these. These cards are designed for 2, 3, and 4 players marked with the number next to the coop icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio Madrid
Mexico
flag msg tools
notacomputer wrote:

julio007madrid wrote:

Solo + Advanced bonuses:

Yes. Except you must remove the attack and defend cards. These are not useful in solo. An easy way is to only include the cards with the basic mode 2vp on the back.

Then I need side A of cards 21,23,24,26 and 27, I'm not going to play with side B of this cards just side A, right?

notacomputer wrote:

julio007madrid wrote:

2 players (cooperative):

Yes, except you select one of these. These cards are designed for 2, 3, and 4 players marked with the number next to the coop icon.

Then for 2 players mode I just use card 18, for 3 players mode I use card 19 and for 4 players mode I use card 20? or the cards are going to stack? like for 2 players is card 18, for 3 players are cards 18 and 19 and for 4 players cards 18 to 20?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.