Subject: Couple More Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I just the rules and I’m still uncertain and confused about a couple things.
1. The back of the box art shows the board with one city that has 4 settlers on it (Blue, red, and two green. How is this possible? I understand that the green Farmer city special action allows you to settle up to two additional pioneers (Farmer ones specifically) and someone can then “follow” your action by paying $2. But then you should end up with 4 green Farmer pioneers on that city. That still doesn’t explain how you could end up with a Blue, a red, and two green pioneers in a City. Seems impossible to me. What am I missing here?
2. When you reach a city and you replace a pioneer tile with a pioneer from your stagecoach, does that tile get placed in front of you? I understand that a banker and/or merchant tile gets placed on your player board for its’ permanent effects. But how about the immediate special action tiles? Does the effect activate immediately and then you discard the tile (into the box)? Or do you keep the tiles in front of you?
Thanks,
Chester

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The colors of the meeples are player colors, not pioneer types. There is no way to tell what types of pioneers they were once they have been placed (except for farmers when you see multiples). You should never have more than two colors of meeples on a single spot, except the start space, which should have one of every player color. I don't see the blue/red/green/green combination you mention.

2. Tiles without a permanent effect can be discarded. You do their actions immediately and they are no longer necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Ornella
Germany
Malschenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chester,
You’re right again.
The example in the back of the box is not possible.
Not sure why this was done. You can have a max of two colours in each city and a max of 4 pioneers.

The immediate action tiles are discarded in the box.
You can even keep in front of you, but are not used anymore.

Enjoy,
Ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome...thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hsu
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Nathan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.