O. H. Owhens
msg tools
Hello,

I've developed a multiplayer chess variant and am wondering what the community thinks of it, or any feedback. It could be considered a prototype, seven have been printed on demand.

It features a square board with four triangle playing sides, 32 squares on each side, and all standard rules are maintained.

Instead of posting a bunch of copy about it, the chess savvy can begin to understand the concept in these images, while the full internet presence explaining it all is at www.facebook.com/MultiplayerChessSystems

Make it a good week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasen Lakic
msg tools
If you like chess modes here is one i created

https://www.facebook.com/TotalMultiverseWar/photos/a.3676765...

Its open, aggressive and gives many possibilities. Can also play with hit points on king instead of check-mate. For example every check does 1 damage and kings start with 20hp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. H. Owhens
msg tools
" If you like chess modes here is one i created

https://www.facebook.com/TotalMultiverseWar/photos/a.3676765...

Its open, aggressive and gives many possibilities. Can also play with hit points on king instead of check-mate. For example every check does 1 damage and kings start with 20hp "

With chess ideas, I think, it's all about what could be called equal play, meaning not like two player Risk. I remember playing two player Risk and the first to move would sweep the board as far as he/she could go, and always win. They claim white can always win because white moves first; but that is so obtuse, advanced, and nearly insignificant, it doesn't matter to normal players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. H. Owhens
msg tools
...therefore, play on, no matter. I'm actually not especially into board games, ala geek factor, and have a hard time picking up complicated rules; I'm sorta known as the idea & brainstormer guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. H. Owhens
msg tools
Idea - checkmate -5dp, and king goes back to his starting position, if the square is available (and it's not another checkmate there) ? Every rank of squares the king passes beyond the fourth 3dp is added? If king takes his own bishop, knight, rook, 5dp added ? Literally - too many options (do it lol and put me in a 3 point font as mini developer - you game gave me the fertile ground for these options, but who knows what kind of game dynamics it would create.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.