Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Smith
United States
Capitola
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose that for the purposes of implementing the Staggered Initiative rule, a formation is a platoon. According to the rules for Staggered Initiative, the order in which formations execute Fire commands is noted. During the Movement phase, formations execute Move commands in reverse order of when they fired. So the formation firing last moves first, followed by next to last, and so forth, with the unit firing first moving last.

Presumably, a formation that only had a Fire command would be skipped during the Move phase, but what if a formation only has a Move command? When does it move? Since it didn't fire, perhaps it moves before any of the units that fired, but then what if there is more than one platoon that only had a Move command?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can either use rule 7.42.3 Streamlined Movement Phase or just note the order of formations during the direct fire phase, as stated in rule 7.42.1.1, second paragraph, in this case including formations with no fire orders. Note each formation until running out of formations and use that order for the Movement Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Capitola
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gustav6 wrote:
note the order of formations during the direct fire phase, as stated in rule 7.42.1.1, second paragraph, in this case including formations with no fire orders. Note each formation until running out of formations and use that order for the Movement Phase.

So a player still rolls initiative for a formation that only has a Move command during the direct fire phase solely for the purpose of determining when that formation moves during the Movement phase. Is this correct?

I have some blank counters that I plan to number for purpose of marking the order in which formations win initiative. I've only tried Staggered Initiative with the streamlined movement rules, but I plan to try it with the sequential movement rules detailed in 7.42.1.1 when I meet for a face to face session this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.