13 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Retail Release Date for Australia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack O'Brien
Australia
flag msg tools
Hey guys. Does anyone know when this game is supposed to be released to shops in Australia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hughes
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mb
I'll chime in from across the ditch, as I wouldn't be surprised if our dates are similar ... for what it's worth, I have a pre-order with a retailer here (MightyApe) who via email seem fairly confident of availability in January. Their website currently says 5 January, and has for the last week or so at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Zeliec
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For now all we can do is pray. Truth is even Issac doesn't know, I directly asked him if it'll be available for Christmas and his answer was "It is looking like it won't be available for retail until January, due to some delays in delivery. Sorry."

Really unfortunate holidays ahead of us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Way
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mb
EVen if he could hit retail before Xmas, it would anger a massive number of backers. An entire region of the world hasn’t even had the games arrive for distribution yet. So it entering retail before that (probably not until mid December for them to even START shipping to backers) would be down right cruel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Wachta
Poland
flag msg tools
IMO they shouldn't postpone retail e.g. in EU, where fulfillment is almost done.
Fulfillment in USA or Asia is not so advanced, so they may want to postpone retail, but in EU I don't see any reason why that would need to postpone it.
I mean, it won't interrupt rest of the EU backers to receive their games(it won't make it happen sooner/later) anyway, so what's the point of forbidding retailers to deliver pre-orders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Way
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mb
polwac wrote:
IMO they shouldn't postpone retail e.g. in EU, where fulfillment is almost done.
Fulfillment in USA or Asia is not so advanced, so they may want to postpone retail, but in EU I don't see any reason why that would need to postpone it.
I mean, it won't interrupt rest of the EU backers to receive their games(it won't make it happen sooner/later) anyway, so what's the point of forbidding retailers to deliver pre-orders?

If copies go to retail in a country prior to other receiving their is copies that mean that those copies could have been used to fulfill instead of going to sale. Factory time, shipping, and distribution was diverted from waiting backers in order to reach retail.

SE Asia is already paying more for shipping and being pushed to absolute last. Telling them that they got delayed by months so that copies could be produced for retail prior to them is just horrid. The last produced copies out of the factory should have been for China, which are arriving now. SEA are still waiting because of storage mistakes made by the producers. So in theory retail copies should be just now leaving the factory. That is if the makers of the game are legit in their aim to honor their backers.

There is a legit concern that replacement parts were prioritizing over fulfilling Asia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Wachta
Poland
flag msg tools
I don't know it for sure, but I guess we should look at each region separately.
I mean I don't think that production and shipping to each region was planned separately for backers and separately for retailers.

If someone know what was a plan please confirm or correct me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Way
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mb
Can only look at them separately if production is region located. If everything is originating from a single source then you have to account for favoring one over another’s causes them to Ben delayed

Again refer to this kser delivery to SEA to see favorites causes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
polwac wrote:

The reason why fulfillment in the US is not so advanced is the sheer volume that Funagain has to handle (along with all the other KS projects that they are also trying to fulfill right now).

The reason why Asia fulfillment is not so advanced is because they were left till last, and even last is not enough:

The update on 1st Nov basically said the last ship to the US and the ship to Australia were both on their way. It was almost 4 weeks later in the 28 Nov update that said the ship for SE Asia was finally on its way.

What happened in those 3-4 weeks? Most likely sending more ships to Europe and NA with retail copies trying to snag some Christmas sales instead of shipping SE Asia KS copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Goode
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Copies have arrived in NZ today - at least mine did thismorning on my way out to work *grrr I want to leave work an play!* So I would expect Jan to be a decent guess for retail, unless they are allowed to sell earlier for the xmas rush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My KS version just arrived today in Perth Australia.

January for retail would seem about right (Who knows with postage/shipping this time of the year though), but just maybe some retail copies will hit shelves before Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Packwood
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Metaphase wrote:
Copies have arrived in NZ today - at least mine did thismorning on my way out to work *grrr I want to leave work an play!* So I would expect Jan to be a decent guess for retail, unless they are allowed to sell earlier for the xmas rush

Lucky sod! I still haven’t received a tracking email yet, so we’ll see if it arrives before retail release whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
We handle the wholesale side for Cephalofair.

Worldwide release date for stores will be mid-January probably...we're just confirming when every distributor receives.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions

Jacko1235 wrote:
Hey guys. Does anyone know when this game is supposed to be released to shops in Australia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.