Greece
Thessaloniki
Greece
flag msg tools
as we play along...
badge
Above and Far
mbmbmbmbmb
Red the rulebook yesterday a few times and I have some questions so I can clarify some things before starting playing the game. I used the latest rulebook.

1. Discard

2nd paragraph at the Discard section says:

" If you are unable to interact with either the card in your hand or the card on top of the deck you must discard the card in your hand "

Does that mean that this card goes at the back of the deck too?

2. Resource Limit

- "if you wish to activate a fifth"

Does that mean to "buy" a fifth?

- " you must first pay one currently stored card "

Does that means, you just rotate it? or I have to pay again what is on the card I have to rotate?

3. Drawing a stored resource

So, if I store a resource, I put it at the back of the deck.
That means putting it behind (after) the round tracker or in front of it (before)?

thus.. when after putting cards at the back too and WHEN the stored resource card (90 degrees clockwise turned) show up, I have to put it at the back too?

So that's a way of the game telling you, you have to use stored cards before they get discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dimitris Xs wrote:
" If you are unable to interact with either the card in your hand or the card on top of the deck you must discard the card in your hand "

Does that mean that this card goes at the back of the deck too?

Which card? It says the card in your hand must be discarded [to the back of the deck]. The card on top of the deck will then be drawn into your hand as per a normal turn.

Dimitris Xs wrote:
"if you wish to activate a fifth"

Does that mean to "buy" a fifth?

No, it means doing the Storage action.

Dimitris Xs wrote:
" you must first pay one currently stored card "

Does that means, you just rotate it? or I have to pay again what is on the card I have to rotate?

When you pay with cards, you rotate them 90 degrees counter-clockwise so they are back in the deck for the next time they come up. This is the same - if you want to Store the current card but you already have 4 cards stored, you must "unstore" ("pay") one of the ones already stored so you can then store the new one. If that makes sense...

Dimitris Xs wrote:
So, if I store a resource, I put it at the back of the deck.
That means putting it behind (after) the round tracker or in front of it (before)?

You put it at the very back, behind all other cards [but rotated 90 degrees clockwise so it sticks out to show the resource you've stored). Where the round tracker is is irrelevant (as the round tracker will slowly work its way up the deck to the front, which signals the end of the round; it doesn't stay at the back).

Dimitris Xs wrote:
thus.. when after putting cards at the back too and WHEN the stored resource card (90 degrees clockwise turned) show up, I have to put it at the back too?

So that's a way of the game telling you, you have to use stored cards before they get discarded?

Yes, if a stored resource works its way up to the top of the deck, you have to discard it (rotate counter-clockwise and put at the back of the deck), as you've waited too long to use it.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been playing it that unused stored resources get discarded if they are drawn into your right hand, and could still be spent when on the top of deck, was I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
phill_doublel75 wrote:
I've been playing it that unused stored resources get discarded if they are drawn into your right hand, and could still be spent when on the top of deck, was I wrong?

No, I think you're right. Rules do say you discard if you draw it into your hand, so a resource on the top of the deck must still be available to spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Xs
Greece
Thessaloniki
Greece
flag msg tools
as we play along...
badge
Above and Far
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Nick!
That was helpfull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.