Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Case with objects and doodads, dice, Legacy Escher gang (new Eschers to follow, can make room for more), all counters.
Boards, plastic templates, cardboard templates, barricades, doors, tape measure, and cards.
Gonna put everything in the box!
Case fits just right!
Books on top.
Closes flat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff, thanks for sharing all your photos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool.
Do you have info on that plastic box you used?
Is it a plano and/or do you have ordering info if someone wanted to copy your set up?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bead Landing™ Craft Storage Organizer From Micheal's.

https://www.michaels.com/10468278.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. And it just so happens to be available at our nearest Michaels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
That is a very efficient use of a tackle box. Members of my group do the same type of thing while organizing loose parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks for sharing all this. I know organizing is half (or more) of the hobby for some people and I always appreciate when stuff like this is shared as I lack the creativity and patience to figure it out on my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom Load wrote:
Awesome. Thanks for sharing all this. I know organizing is half (or more) of the hobby for some people and I always appreciate when stuff like this is shared as I lack the creativity and patience to figure it out on my own.

Desperation is the Crack Ho mother of creativity and patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie W
msg tools
I may be missing something but what about the Goliath gang?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chilledoutcharlie wrote:

I put this together as shown for ease of play. All I need for playing my one gang on a game night, organized and accessible. Including the 2D terrain. Used it yesterday, worked great.

But, I see your point. The way I put this together (and I'm not trying to say it's the ONLY way, or all that clever) still leaves room in the box. I could put the dice in baggies, and consolidate the extra doodads, and free up enough slots in the carry case for a Goliath gang. It would be more intimate, but doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After 2 1/2 games, I got tired of flipping through two flipping books (pg. 78-79, learn it, love it, live it). Maybe this game goes away as soon as the next 40K codex drops, like Shadow War. Then again, the guys that showed up for the first Necro Night were not serious 40K players. A very good sign, indeed!

So, inspired and enthused, I spent a whopping $6.42 at Fedex and turned both books into one easy-to-use, spiral bound Wonder-tome. No biggie with the easy to replace Gang War book. A bit of a heart-in-the-throat thing with the rather precious main rule book. Whatev's, I'm a playa, ya'll!

OK, I love fluff. But, I've had the same fluff in my possession for 22 years. I could write the Necro fluff. I pulled out the fluff stuff, and this book is now "Just the facts, ma'am."

BOTH books in one! Lays flat. Frees up both hands for essential game functions like hurling errant dice across the room. I can add new books later if I want (If the game has continued support). If it's not too unwieldy.

I can turn to any page, and show only that page. Great for copying the Gang Roster sheet. Or, just enjoying the view.

If you do attempt this, I have one bit of advice. Some pages might tend to be stuck together after the binding is removed. It's much easier to separate them so they turn freely, before they are spiral bound.

And, yes, still fits in the main box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chilledoutcharlie wrote:

I need to back up a bit. I just finished putting together the Escher with a BIG mohawk and Chem Thrower.

She's a tight fit in the storage box. I know the Goliaths are big, I haven't started on them, yet. So, I can't say for sure they will fit in the storage box. Proceed at your own risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this post and info - picked up a storage box today, Necromunda should arrive later today or tomorrow. This will be very helpful. I love how thin it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strom40 wrote:
Thanks for this post and info - picked up a storage box today, Necromunda should arrive later today or tomorrow. This will be very helpful. I love how thin it is.

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is the Goliath all fit in the compartment box, and so do most of the Eschers.

The bad news is the good news.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.