Subject: Fighting a Villain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook says on page 21 in Fighting a Villain chapter:
"The Hero gains 1 Glory for each Hit done to a Villain. Note that this is Hits, not Wounds."

Does it mean that heroes can't inflict wound to the Villain in combat?
Let's say the Villain's got the last wound left. It comes to fight and hero gives some Hits to Villain. Does the Heroe only gets Glory for hits done? No wound to Villain to KO him?
I'm confused here because in the end of the chapter Fighting a Villain is written:
"A Villain that has Wound Markers equal to or greater than their Wounds value is KO’d and removed from the board."
That sounds like the Villain can take wounds in fight. So, how is that?

Related topic: I think I've read recently somewhere, that in coop game Villains don't heal their wounds when they go back to base. Is that right? I can't recall where I've read that.

EDIT: Found it: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/7475494#7475494

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do wounds to a villain you will get glory, even if they inflict no wounds because of his defence, henchmen, or some other reason. Example you hit him with three wounds, but lose one to Defence, another one kills a Nazi henchmen, and only one inflicts a Wound, you still get three glory for the three original hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
Rulebook says on page 21 in Fighting a Villain chapter:
"The Hero gains 1 Glory for each Hit done to a Villain. Note that this is Hits, not Wounds."

Does it mean that heroes can't inflict wound to the Villain in combat?
Let's say the Villain's got the last wound left. It comes to fight and hero gives some Hits to Villain. Does the Heroe only gets Glory for hits done? No wound to Villain to KO him?
I'm confused here because in the end of the chapter Fighting a Villain is written:
"A Villain that has Wound Markers equal to or greater than their Wounds value is KO’d and removed from the board."
That sounds like the Villain can take wounds in fight. So, how is that?

Related topic: I think I've read recently somewhere, that in coop game Villains don't heal their wounds when they go back to base. Is that right? I can't recall where I've read that.

It’s not telling you that Villains can’t get Wounds, it’s telling you that you receive Glory for each Hit, regardless of how many Wounds those Hits end up causing.

Villains do heal, they just end up in a different state depending upon how they left the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.