Subject: Adding all the things!!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got everything for Black Plague and have never been able to play a game where I combine everything where we haven't been totally owned.

Are you supposed to be able to add everything and it still be fairly balanced, or should I be stacking the decks? Should I only add certain enemies.

The Crows seem v overpowered, when they spawn in high numbers and you run out of minis for them fairly quickly, they suddenly activate lots and end up being a death cloud.

Also, when you have more characters you add extra spawn points, is there a guide as to where to put them for each mission?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gredin 06
France
flag msg tools
Mixing everything in is a recipe for extremely random difficulty.

You could luck out and draw NPCs or other low danger cards or get mauled by two abominations while trying to prevent 2 necromancers from exiting the board.

If you use the most powerful survivors it might even out, but there's no way to be sure. There are just too many things in the spawn deck if you use everything.

Try and experiment.
Some basic guidelines :

Do not use the dark ritual rule.

One abomination boss per game is usually plenty (regular + special abom).

1 regular necro + 1 special necro is enough to make games harder.

For special Zombies, try finding a mix that your group likes.
Basically NPCs make the game easier, the others (dead eye/crows/wolves) make it harder.
Wolves + dead eyes is a nasty combo.
Crows only activate from lack of minis if they are not drowned into a very large zombie deck.

For extra characters and extra invsaion zones, I am pretty sure the rulebook covers it. The extra zone is added to double an existing one. Going from memory here, just check the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We have also found that adding everything makes for a difficult game. There was a scenario in Wolfsburg where we lost (after a long game) five times in a row before we decided to take the one of the three nasty Abominations out.

We don't find crows are that bad, though, although we sometimes only put 6 crow spawns in.

We mess around with the deck quite a lot, so there is plenty of variety in our games.

As to extra spawns, just be careful not to put them too close to each other, or too 'out-of-the-way' from where your heroes will be; Necromancer escapes ramp up the difficulty level big time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For each game, I customize everything depending on the kind game I want to have. Add some zombies, take out others. Take some cards out, put others in. Go with specific character, or luck of the draw. Making a fun map with scenario conditions is part if the fum of playing Zombicide/BP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
We have also found that adding everything makes for a difficult game.

I disagree. The hardest part about Zcide IMHO is the extra activations. If you had EVERYTHING into the zombie spawn decks then each type of zombie is LESS likely to have an extra likely activation, making the game MORE predictable. In my experience this makes the game EASY.

In my experience the best route is to look at the regular zombie spawn cards and remove the "less bad" card. When zcide hits my table my goal is to have a difficult game so I need to heavily cull the zombie decks to make that happen.

If you're just looking for an easy game then there's nothing wrong with adding everything IMHO. If you had some losses from doing this then I think that just ends up being bad luck somewhere along the road but in general my experience has been this makes the game easier, not harder. Having a thin deck with a ton of zombie wolves is much more difficult than a thick deck with a smaller non-wolves to wolves ratio. Same goes for any kind of zombie (deadeye, crows, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only mix the regular abomination and necromancer cards in the deck. When I draw one stage yellow or later, I draw from a separate deck to determine which special incarnation appears. Works well so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
I found adding in most of the extra stuff was fine as there were other things to balance it. Like sure wolves are scary but less scary now you have a vampire crossbow and earthquake hammer.

I found using multiple necromancers at the same time was really hard as often they will just pop up on the opposite side of the board and waltz to the exit and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Multiple abominations at the same time can also be incredibly difficult if you don't have anything that can kill them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.