Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Dear supporter, backers, fans and friends. I opened this thread to be closer to you. You have several questions daily, and within 700+ comments on kickstarter page there are several questions asked several times. If you want to have your questions answered from the first hand.. simply ask me :-)

I am not able to answer production questions like materials we should use or when exactly we deliver the game or shipping fees, those things are in hands of White Wizard Games.

I also will not leak you any upcoming products.. maybe :-)

But if you want to ask me anything you want that is pointing to the game design, to artwork, to graphic artwork, rules etc... dont hesitate to ask me.

If you want to know more about my personal life.. go on. I am an opened person :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game seems to be branded as a hybrid of a ccg-style game and a board game.

Everything I have seen looks like a ccg-style game with dice. Is there anything else making it more similar to a board game than for example Epic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bellus
Slovakia
flag msg tools
Hi Peter! It is known that You are very big fan of cinematography. What is Your favourite movie? Is some of the classic film work included in the cards? I mean some hidden easter eggs or anything Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Hakkon! Yes i am.. well its hard to decide what is my favorite movie. There are plenty of movies i always want to watch. But if i need to choose one it should be Fight Club i think.

But i love also Godfather, Deadman, Imperium strikes back, Highlander, Burton early movies..

About easter eggs, yes there are plenty of them, but i should better leave it to players to discover on their own :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Christian, well at first the game is mainly connected to CCG's there is no doubt with that.

But as far i was and still am a hardcore CCG fan from 90's till now, i really LOVE skirmish wargames, or wargames at global.

I love the positioning aspect of the wargames and i love the dicechucking during the attack, because i know what comes with it. The tension and surprise.

So the board game part of the sorcerer is the resource management and positioning. So you have 3 part board, which is battlefield. You need to manage where to put your character to benefit from its skills. You need to manage where to summon your minions to be effective or to not loose any of the battlefields.

You can constantly trade their positions.

You need to manage your actions carefully. You are gathering the omen tokens to be prepared for the upcoming battle. All those things are handled on your personal board.

With all that factors its hard to set the game to the pure CCG status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hoefle
Germany
Ebersbach
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter,

what quality are those sleeves? i prefer the premium quality of mayday or soemthing as thick a that and hate those flimsy ones

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Tom, i really cant answer this production question. I am not in direct contact with manufacturers. This is a question to Rob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xorron wrote:
Hi Peter,

what quality are those sleeves? i prefer the premium quality of mayday or soemthing as thick a that and hate those flimsy ones

Tom

Bravo. We got through two whole questions before someone asked about production, which Peter explicitly stated he would not be able to answer. Good job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many cards are roughly in the game?
Which card is your favorite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of the design, how do you intend to work towards a co-op/campaign style game in the future?

The base game looks really solid, if a beast to balance. However, I can't lie, I'm in because I believe the future of the product looks fascinating and I hope that you could shed some light on that

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
@Brian: Co-Op is in testing, we were struggling severeal months if it will hit this KS or not. Even we love the co-op mechanics we decided to test it more and to expand the story and lore part of it. And we do not want to overwhelm the backers with too much game variants. Because Solo / co-op expansion is intended to be a standalone product on its own with maximum compatibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
@Christian K: Based on the count the core box has 173 cards, and each set has 10 cards +1 skill cart + maybe some token cards. To be honest i dont know right now how much cards are in the whole package but at first sight the all in pledge has (i count Asylum in that hype tempo as unlocked :-) )
.. around 300 cards.

Hard to decide my personal favorite but possibly i should go for toy maker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikke Lehtinen
Finland
flag msg tools
Definitely take your time with the co-op. Mechanics need testing and lore should really be a big part of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks Nikke, sure we will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhart Hase
Germany
flag msg tools
How many diffent cards are in one deck (40 cards)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lurking Wolf
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter, did you write the descriptions / lore for each of the theme packs? They went a long way to making me want to play.

Also, as one AIC fan to another, favourite songs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hello Wolf,

Yes i wrote the lore with a language assist of WWG and my American and England friends.

FAV Songs from AiC:
Man in the Box and Sludge Factory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lurking Wolf
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
> Sludge Factory

My man. I now feel obligated to go pledge more lol.

How long till we get a Sea of Sorrow domain pack?

Anyway props to the great writing. I’d have trouble doing one well, let alone all those packs. Congrats on a great campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you Wolf!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! So, how many hours (or days) to make an artwork like the ones in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne W
msg tools
Dead Man is one of my all time favorites. I don’t have a question, but wanted to let you know that Criterion is currently working on a special edition of Dead Man if you didn’t already know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will all the promos turn into real stacks if all stretchgoals are unlocked?
I was not too fond of the first way of using promos where you just shuffle them into your decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
How many diffent cards are in one deck (40 cards)?

Usually its around 6 different cards in a Character and Domain set (11 cards total) and around 11 cards in the lineage set (21 cards total).

Quote:
Hi! So, how many hours (or days) to make an artwork like the ones in the game?

Depend on artist i can only speak about myself, for instance Wachiwa took me around 2 hours in total. But there are arts like Ariaspes which took me more than that.

Quote:
Dead Man is one of my all time favorites. I don’t have a question, but wanted to let you know that Criterion is currently working on a special edition of Dead Man if you didn’t already know.

Thank you Wayne!

Quote:
Will all the promos turn into real stacks if all stretchgoals are unlocked?
I was not too fond of the first way of using promos where you just shuffle them into your decks.

For those you already unlocked, you have a complete full sets to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
HI Peter! :-)

Thank you for this thread.

1. How much time did you spend alone on designing this game? A rough estimate?

2. How much blind testing with how many people has been done so far?

3. Personally I get slowly tired/annoyed of kickstarter games with unclear rules. A card game is very likely to have many wording issues and/or rules contradictions because of unexpected and untested card combinations. What are you doing to avoid such gaming-fun killing problems?

4. Kickstarter reprints are a new trend. Gloomhaven, 7th Continent, Endure the Stars, Folklore the Affliction, Gloom of Kilforth to name just a few. Many second editions/reprints are more polished and better tested then the first print runs. Are there any plans for a second edition/reprint of Sorcerers in the future if this kickstarter is successful enough?

Thanks for answering!

Best regards
GeneralGrundmann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayden Kimber
msg tools
Hey mate,

Love the look of the game. Just found out about it as the kickstarter closed so am a late backer planning to get the lot when the manager email comes..

Quick question. Can you please explain the current rules for the 4 player version. Thinking of getting the egyptian battlefield and 2 extra player mats so we can play 6 player.

Secondly can you confirm that the character deck is 10 cards or 11 (10 cards + player card)
Just doing my math and not sure 300 covers are going be enough for all the cards we get

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.