Stalingrad Inferno on the Volga» Forums » General

Subject: Difficulty levels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm aware that that are several different modes in which to play Inferno, but the KS also mentions three levels of difficulty. Could you say something more about these, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Willem,

another important topic.

The "easy level" represnts the basic game played with the rules we have now.

The "normal level" represents the above set of rules, plus:

1. some German Leaders/events which can interfer with the battle (von Richtofen replaces Lohr; the employment of heavy Mortar Battery; the massive employment of demolition charges; the blitz tactics and the combined force bonus; the interference of the Fuhrer with the campaign and other);

2. some Soviet leaders/events which can interact with the battle (Vasily Zaitsev; Chuikov replacing Lopatin; Khrushchev boosting morale; the Volga river flottilla; the Soviet massive employment of Anti-Air batteries and Others);

Finally, the "hard level" includes additional rules, components and events which may be added (by a random event module) to make the evnt even more randomly and unpredictable.

I believe that the first level, the "easy one" is good to learn the game and relive the battle in a simple format, while wargamers would probbaly use this level just to taste the game engine, and submerge into the more attratctive "standard level."

Then, for those players asking for more realism, we ahve the next level, the "hard level."

So a wide offer of choice for a definitively easy to learn card powered game.

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
Yes Willem,

another important topic.

The "easy level" represnts the basic game played with the rules we have now.

The "normal level" represents the above set of rules, plus:

1. some German Leaders/events which can interfer with the battle (von Richtofen replaces Lohr; the employment of heavy Mortar Battery; the massive employment of demolition charges; the blitz tactics and the combined force bonus; the interference of the Fuhrer with the campaign and other);

2. some Soviet leaders/events which can interact with the battle (Vasily Zaitsev; Chuikov replacing Lopatin; Khrushchev boosting morale; the Volga river flottilla; the Soviet massive employment of Anti-Air batteries and Others);

Finally, the "hard level" includes additional rules, components and events which may be added (by a random event module) to make the evnt even more randomly and unpredictable.

I believe that the first level, the "easy one" is good to learn the game and relive the battle in a simple format, while wargamers would probbaly use this level just to taste the game engine, and submerge into the more attratctive "standard level."

Then, for those players asking for more realism, we ahve the next level, the "hard level."

So a wide offer of choice for a definitively easy to learn card powered game.

emanuele

OK, so just to make absolutely sure: the rules mentioned in stretch goal #5 would be a fourth level of difficulty then or a possible addition to the "hard"| level, as long as the stretch goal is reached?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it is the third level. We have only three difficulty levels.

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.