jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ready for action allows the empire to put veers or piett into a battle to command and defend your fleet, retreating is not allowed and the leader returns to the pool at the end of the battle.

However if the rebels play confrontation and mark the leader for elimination (after killing the last ground unit) can that soon to be dead imperial leader still return to the pool and be used to activate units or oppose a mission?

I think so, but it is a little weird
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan P
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Yes, I don't see why not. The whole point of marking the leader instead of removing him immediately is that he finishes out the round as normal - usually to prevent the Imperials from getting an extra movement, but in this case to give them the extra action the card grants.

Probably not a good idea to use Ready for Action in this situation, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe the point was to put Piett in there for the space units.
Since this hasn't happend to me, it is just theoretical, but i could see it happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its a necessary abstraction. The weirdness comes from the action card rather than Confrontation itself. Just assume Piett has been marked for assassination - some Rebel superspy has infiltrated his inner circle and is waiting for his moment.

Seeing as the Rebels only get one successful use of Confrontation in the game, I'd be tempted to try and save it for use on Vader or the Emperor instead. Although Piett and Veers have 3-tactics (and Veers has Planetary Assault bonus) as the Imperial p;layer I'd feel much worse if I lost one of the big guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patriarchxyz wrote:
I think its a necessary abstraction. The weirdness comes from the action card rather than Confrontation itself. Just assume Piett has been marked for assassination - some Rebel superspy has infiltrated his inner circle and is waiting for his moment.

Rebel scum.
Quote:

Seeing as the Rebels only get one successful use of Confrontation in the game, I'd be tempted to try and save it for use on Vader or the Emperor instead. Although Piett and Veers have 3-tactics (and Veers has Planetary Assault bonus) as the Imperial p;layer I'd feel much worse if I lost one of the big guys.

I actually disagree, while it would be great to take out one of the big guys, taking any imperial officer is quite a big blow.
First it can give the Rebels the last turn each round (in addition to the first) or at least balance the stakes if one of theirs is captured. It takes a fleet moving leader , which in many cases has an important logistics symbol.

It is kind of why losing Riekann is secretly quite devastating (compared to Leia, Dodanna and many of the others), the ability to use those logistics missions is often overlooked.

On top of that killing an imperial leader that has not used his action card should be quite a high priority!

In general I think if you can kill it, you should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anuj M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
Ready for action allows the empire to put veers or piett into a battle to command and defend your fleet, retreating is not allowed and the leader returns to the pool at the end of the battle.

However if the rebels play confrontation and mark the leader for elimination (after killing the last ground unit) can that soon to be dead imperial leader still return to the pool and be used to activate units or oppose a mission?

I think so, but it is a little weird

This situation came up in my game last night, it was quite thematic. Admiral Piett was readied for action to defend against a rebel attack against Toyradia. He then returned to the pool (sitting uncomfortably on top of a damage token surprise & Launched a sucessful attack freeing up Salucami from rebel occupation. The rebels retreated to Mon Calamari & luckily I had the "Track Them" action card, so he led the Sucessful pursuit & subjagated Mon Cal, dying heroicaly in the line of duty

Piett truly redeemed himself from his cowardly RoTJ death in my story
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.