Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I'm Addicted and have three Drug items with "cannot discard this if you're Addicted" clause in my inventory. Can I ever buy Addictol to remove my addiction, or would it get immediately discarded upon purchase?

Similarly, if I loot some water or food, can I use it to heal myself prior to losing it because my addiction took over my entire inventory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's no to both. The rules state that you can use items in your inventory, but to be in your inventory, something else would have to be discarded first. Since you can't discard drugs when you're addicted...

Moral of the story: don't smoke crack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Veering out of what's in the rules, I don't think it would be unreasonable, since random draws can fill your inventory with drugs through no fault of your own, to house rule that you can use Addictol without it having to be in your inventory; perhaps with the caveat that you must discard all three drugs you were holding, leaving you free of addiction but also free of drugs. At the very least, you should have to discard one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Day
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what the rules say (RR pg 9)

"Items and companions a survivor possesses but does not have equipped are in the survivor's inventory."

So, any card a survivor has, such as cards recently looted or purchased, are considered part of the inventory.

"If a survivor gains cards in excess of his or her inventory slots, he or she must choose and discard cards until there are only three remaining."

So, you need to discard down to three.

Finally, on Addictol:

"During your turn, you may discard this card to lose Addicted."

Here's how I see it: Once you purchase Addictol, it is in your inventory. You must then discard down to three. You discard the Addictol, activating it's special rule, and remove your Addiction status.

This also means that other cards that activate on a discard, such as Fistful of Caps or food items, can be used immediately after finding them without needing to put them into one of your three slots first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. The above sounds correct to me. I'm convinced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hedgehobbit wrote:
Here's how I see it: Once you purchase Addictol, it is in your inventory. You must then discard down to three. You discard the Addictol, activating it's special rule, and remove your Addiction status.

This also means that other cards that activate on a discard, such as Fistful of Caps or food items, can be used immediately after finding them without needing to put them into one of your three slots first.

I think I can agree with that because specifically of Fistful of Caps.

Some of the food items and the magazines can only be activated on discard during camp so obviously those don't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.