Hide
7 Posts

Dark Moon» Forums » General

Subject: Dice color fading rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cenny Davidsson
msg tools
I have played some Dark moon lately and really enjoy the game and will soon teach my friends the expansion :-)

There is one thing that worries me, it seems that the color of the dices are fading very fast. Have anyone else had this problem and how and if did you solve it?

I'll post an image when I get home tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've logged only 11 plays so far, and haven't noticed any problem with the dice fading that I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had any issues with the dice in my set. The only thing I can think of is players holding/fondling/constantly shaking the dice in-between turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never noticed or heard of this issue.
Have played the game many times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
Never noticed or heard of this issue.
Have played the game many times.

Likewise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this again last night. 17th play of my copy. The dice aren't fading, but...I noticed this some time ago. The black paint from the "strong" dice apparently tends to dissolve and come off a bit when exposed to grubby, sweaty palms, and has "dirtied up" quite a few of the red dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cenny wrote:
I have played some Dark moon lately and really enjoy the game and will soon teach my friends the expansion :-)

There is one thing that worries me, it seems that the color of the dices are fading very fast. Have anyone else had this problem and how and if did you solve it?

I'll post an image when I get home tonight.

What part of the colour is fading? I assume the numbers?

Probably wear if its the numbers. Some people sweat in such a way as it will dissolve the paint. Rare, but seen it happen.

May also be you simply got a bad batch. some or all of the dice may not have been cured properly and any sort of handling will wear off the paint. Seen this happen too.

Somplest solution is to paint in the numbers or use whiteout if paint isnt handy. May take some experimenting to find a paint that will hold to the dice. But that is the easiest solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.