Subject: Space cats peace turtles has a new episode up. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Batista
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
New episode is up. It is about Xxcha strategies. Good theory crafting but I think relying on warfare second ability is not good. Agree diplomacy is a must for them if warfare is not available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aschenbrenner
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Makes for solid theory crafting and good debate, however. The theory will evolve as other race plays and more time in game grow. Thanks for the podcast guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the updates on each new episode were supposed to stop? Spamming the boards about a podcast is kind of annoying. There should be a way to subscribe to updates without having to post a thread for each one. (Ie, on the blog or something)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lippert
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
Is one thread a week really spam? Its the only TI podcast and having them create an official thread for us here is great. I find that the reddit group doesnt get as much good discussion as this BGG forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martens
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I thought the updates on each new episode were supposed to stop? Spamming the boards about a podcast is kind of annoying. There should be a way to subscribe to updates without having to post a thread for each one. (Ie, on the blog or something)

We didn't make this post. This is just community discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Batista
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

I am in no way involved with them. Just like their podcast and love discussing these things on the Geek.

It is a comfy podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Batista
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Coming back to the podcast, I do agree that PDSs are extremely handy. My last game I was getting my ass handed and it was only a PDS wall that helped me stave disaster off. It is expensive to research the tech (in terms of time lost)but once you have it, you are basically extremely expensive to attack. Except if you have a massive fleet or are Sol with advanced carriers. There should be a tech that would allow the destruction of structures from orbit like tactical nukes or something.

I am a newby but the more I think about it, the stronger they look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Stewart
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
So, you guys mention a SCPT guild here, but I honestly don't know how that works or where to find it. Advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martens
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weyoun42 wrote:
So, you guys mention a SCPT guild here, but I honestly don't know how that works or where to find it. Advice?

We're new to the whole system as well, so I don't know how one is supposed to search for guilds, but here's a link!
Space Cats Peace Turtles Guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blah. Ping me when you cover a real Faction like the Yin. Then I’ll listen and correct all of your mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Vlaeminck
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
I think Xxcha's tagline should be "Wins through Border Control". Not only by defending your own planets by also by keeping control over the systems adjacent to your border by suppression fire.

As for the weekly update, i don't mind it. The only thing that bothers me is that the community is split up between BGG, Reddit, FFG Forum (and related to SCPT also on Facebook).

So I find myself reading the same post on the different forums, or replying with the same answers to similar questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james simpson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Great podcast guys! Listening to everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.