United States
Gates Mills
Ohio
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
Buying your rare games since 2015
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I've just opened the Dice Forge box and I'm so lost right now, I'm not even sure how to formulate my questions. How in the heck am I supposed to sort and store these cards? The manual is utterly failing me, or else I'm simply to daft to fathom what it's saying. I think I'm supposed to be breaking cards up by whether they're sun/moon, and/or by cost. I'm pretty sure "cost" is the number on the card's bottom, but how the heck do you tell if a card is sun or moon? Is it the orange/blue shading within the circle on the card's back? Excepts some of the cards seem to have orangish-blue shading ... gah! Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Estella

California
msg tools
mb
Sun is the red one. Moon is the purple one (i believe bottom left of card)
Storage is simple. Look at the box where the cards are. You should see the matching symbol (for Sun and Moon).

There should be cards worth 1-6 for each deck, with each deck having a different 3,4,6 cost cards. There is also 2 sets of 5+5 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the sheets you get with the game shows you where everything fits. If you want you can can watch a bunch of video's that will help you. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/194594/dice-forge/videos...
That's how I learned how to play and store my game. Easy Pease!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Gates Mills
Ohio
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marLONE wrote:
Sun is the red one. Moon is the purple one (i believe bottom left of card)

Thank you! That's what I wasn't seeing. Actually, even after you mentioned it, I still can barely make out the difference between the little sun/moon symbols at the bottom of the cards. But they're there. Maybe I need glasses?

I wish I were done with the questions, but I've reached a new point of stumpage. The manual says to assemble each die "in its starting configuration according to color." Starting configuration? Should I know what that is? I'm guessing I should since the manual doesn't seem to say! I swear, this game is really humbling my sense of intellect. Can anyone help here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Morris
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Look at the "blown out" die pictures. It's hard to tell but some of the dice are slightly darker than the others. The light dice have all 1 gold faces plus a sun stone. The dark dice have all 1 gold plus a 2 victory point and moon stone face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Gates Mills
Ohio
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogtorted wrote:
Look at the "blown out" die pictures. It's hard to tell but some of the dice are slightly darker than the others. The light dice have all 1 gold faces plus a sun stone. The dark dice have all 1 gold plus a 2 victory point and moon stone face.

That's the explanation I was looking for. Thank you so much. I could have stared at those dice for a day and not known they were two different colors. Well, I feel thoroughly stupid now, and I haven't even gotten around to losing my first game! Maybe not the best start to my Dice Forge experience, but I'll forge on a little longer nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohad Michaeli
Israel
flag msg tools
Yeah Nah, you ain't stupid.
I've also been baffled by the guide to the game. It could have been written/organized a tad better. Eventually I got it all by myself but it took me a long time to figure out all of the above mentioned questions.
And I'm not stupid. (Cause my mom says so!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corsairs wrote:
Dogtorted wrote:

That's the explanation I was looking for. Thank you so much. I could have stared at those dice for a day and not known they were two different colors. Well, I feel thoroughly stupid now, and I haven't even gotten around to losing my first game! Maybe not the best start to my Dice Forge experience, but I'll forge on a little longer nonetheless.

Thanks for asking the same questions for me. The guide is terribly written, with step 1 and 2 of the setup being inadequately describe to actually be able to perform the action. I dread learning this game if the rest of the rules are as obtuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
It was absolutely not "terribly written," and most definitely not worth the bold lettering.
Perhaps there is room for improvement, but this did not provide any issues for a lot of people.

Speaking with such hyperbole leaves you with little room to describe the truly horrible rule books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dowling
France
flag msg tools
As someone who came to this thread for the very same reason, the first two steps are incomprehensible. Which is a shame. Hopefully they rewrite in future version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dowling
France
flag msg tools
roundtower2 wrote:
As someone who came to this thread for the very same reason, the first two steps are incomprehensible. Which is a shame. Hopefully they rewrite in future version.

I should add in update though, that the game itself was great after we eventually worked out the rules. Very nice play structure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Took me a while to figure it out. But each card is either blank, or has a blue dot on the card's back. The insert has moon and sun symbols with and without a dot next to them.

That's how you know where to place them. But you don't see them if you don't know they're there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
I can't figure it out. I've just stored the randomly in the card place holder spots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.