Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I must be searching wrong, as I haven't found other threads about this after scrolling through many pages of the forum, doing Google Searches, Reddit, etc. So apologies if this has been asked recently and I just missed it.

I ordered a copy through Funagain Games for $106 with expected delivery in early 2018. I have a friend who is looking to get a copy and unfortunately that Funagain listed has been removed. Searches on Boardgameprices.com are coming up empty...

Anyone know of a place to get a copy at or near MSRP? Not interested in paying $250 on Amazon or the same on BGG Marketplace. Were there plans for any sort of extended retail release? Are there individual game stores who maybe bought stock and haven't sold it? Anyone bought a copy and decided they don't want it? Anyone have an extra copy and don't want to feed the resale markup machine?

Honestly, just trying to find a reasonably priced copy for my buddy.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
I don't expect any retail copies until after December 12th. This is the official release date to retail.

So I would just be patient or put in a pre-order with a retailer if they have any spots available.

JimA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That will be difficult. I'd suggest your local craigslist to see if you get lucky. Most likely in this timeframe you're only gonna find a used copy for that price range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be available at retail sometime in Q1. Just wait until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I sent you a pm. Let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is some info someone might be interested in. It's given with the caveat that Gloomhaven is expected in retail in Jan 2018 with an MSRP of $140(based on my inexpert search foo of BGG threads).

With that stated, I noted that someone in the SF bay area is advertising a "Like New" copy on craigslist. I contacted the person and they said:

"Like-new. Carboard pieces/board tiles have been punched out and place in zip-lock bags. The legacy pieces have not been used. Legacy boxes (character types) unopened."

So if you need your gloomy fix real bad, you may want to follow this up and ascertain the pricing.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/tag/d/collection-of-board-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.