BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Can you Identify this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin McNeil
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This was found at a local thrift shop and they are stumped as to what game this is or what game it is from (no rules or box were included) can any one help identify it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a generic card and dice set with a home piercing kit on the side ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Break those cards out. What does the face side look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like just a Card and Dice set with Pins for a cribbage board (looks like you missing the cribbage board which came with the set.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would Cribbage pins have knobs on both ends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Esbech
Denmark
Odense M
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:

They could, but it probably wouldn't be the best design. They look like jacks that are cut in half or unfinished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave bcs
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_esbech wrote:
Scottgun wrote:

They could, but it probably wouldn't be the best design. They look like jacks that are cut in half or unfinished.

Nine pegs would be the correct number of pegs for a modern cribbage board: three sets each of one game counter and two leapfrogging score pegs.

Six dice is the correct number for Yahtzee, though I guess this is just a generic set of bridge cards, dice, and cribbage pegs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drdranetz wrote:
a_esbech wrote:
Scottgun wrote:

Nine pegs would be the correct number of pegs for a modern cribbage board: three sets each of one game counter and two leapfrogging score pegs.

Six dice is the correct number for Yahtzee, though I guess this is just a generic set of bridge cards, dice, and cribbage pegs.

I agree it's probably a generic set for common games, or a set for two or three specific common games.

Yahtzee is 5 dice. It could be another common game -- for example Farkle is 6 dice.

I don't think the pegs have anything to do with Cribbage - they would be different colors, they wouldn't have two ends like that, and there would be a cribbage board somewhere. That package looks like it is just missing the box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card backs and bright orange insert screams generic, cheapo gaming set to me.

Those aren't like any cribbage pegs I have seen! Maybe some sort of dexterity game? What country was this found in? Canada?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.