William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who has seen both side-by-side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska (NE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The front and back of the event tiles are darker and more colorful (quite noticeable, but I don't think that will bother us as we just shuffle and choose one at random).

The player mats are a thicker, nicer cardboard (considerably thicker). Again I don't think that would bother us.

The backs of the Progress tiles are slightly darker, but you have to have a very picky eye to see it. I don't think it will matter, since you just shuffle them and stack them. Maybe you would know if the top of the stack is old or new; I guess that could give a little hint for strategy.

Hope that helps. I will stick with the first printing even with the differences.

Edit: Comparing the first printing of the base game with the new Unrest expansion. I haven't seen the new base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Plečkaitis
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both prints of base game and expansion.

The only differences in the second print:
1. tetrahedron solo dice is 2mm smaller
2. Second print has 4 player order cards both sides in English. Original print I have was multilingual with 6 cards combining 3 languages what was a little bit tricky when you have to find out correct card and correct side. During game play you should be careful not to flip card over because order number does not fit on both sides. 8 cards with 4 both sides English and 4 German/French sides could have been much better, but Ok this drawback is only of the first multilingual print.

Unrest expansion has 2mm thick player mats. Both prints of base game have 1mm mats. Publisher said that in future Unrest expansion will use 1mm mats too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.