10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Synchronized Strike *ligth spoiler* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. Oberfeldschwebel
msg tools
Hi.

Have some questions about synchronized strike.I dont know how "Limit, once per round is ment"!

a) When I have 2 Survivors both with Synchonized Strike in the position the card shows, do they both get the bonus or just one of them?

b) If a survivor with teeth (speed 2) rolls two dices for his attack roll, do he get the bonus for both dices or just for one of the dices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
a) once / round is a little unclear, but my reading is each survivor with Synchronized Strike can use it once per round (based on the use of the word "your" in the previous sentence).

b) the bonus applies to all attack dice rolled for a single attack (so, whatever your Speed is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! As long as you have an "assist" on the other side, you get the bonus for your entire attack roll. The other player could then attack on their activation and get the same bonus as long as the first survivor is still in assist position, but each Survivor can only get the bonus once per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the slight necro, but I thought I just post a quick follow up question here:
You can use synchronized strike from all adjacent spots around the Monster, right? e.g. Front and blind spot. In the picture it looks like an attack from the flank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Emjaydot wrote:
Sorry for the slight necro, but I thought I just post a quick follow up question here:
You can use synchronized strike from all adjacent spots around the Monster, right? e.g. Front and blind spot. In the picture it looks like an attack from the flank.

The Assist Position is just directly opposite the monster, it can be side to side or front to back. Facing doesn't affect it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Hohkala
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, let's use the same thread.

Can a frenzied survivor assist in Synchronized strike?

Frenzied survivor can't use FA, but is assisting considered using? Our group went with "rule of death", but curious how others see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
twibs wrote:
Well, let's use the same thread.

Can a frenzied survivor assist in Synchronized strike?

Frenzied survivor can't use FA, but is assisting considered using? Our group went with "rule of death", but curious how others see it.

That's an interesting topic. I'd go with the "no" answer, just because both the "attack" and "assist" positions form a part of the Fighting Art as a whole. So I would say that once frenzied, you cannot benefit from, nor assist in any sync attack. Whether you attack or assist, you are syncronising your attack = you are using the FA, so I'd say that you can't assist while frenzied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think you can.
I am currently in Canada on a business trip, so no access to card, but Synchronized Strike activated effect, IIRC, just asks you to have an assist on the other side, and the assist must have Synchronized Strike. It says nothing about using SS themselves.

IIRC, that's a yes, you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sintec
msg tools
I've been playing no. I felt that the survivor providing the assist needed to be able to co-ordinate with the attacker and frenzy would prevent this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riff Conner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Actually, I think you can.
I am currently in Canada on a business trip, so no access to card, but Synchronized Strike activated effect, IIRC, just asks you to have an assist on the other side, and the assist must have Synchronized Strike. It says nothing about using SS themselves.

IIRC, that's a yes, you can.

Yeah, the card doesn't say anything about the Assist being currently able to use the SFA, just that they have it. So RAW, it's fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.