Hybrid» Forums » General

Subject: Language rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Bertaina
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for this dumb question... but is there a way to know in what language the game is, judging from the box only?
Odd as it might seem, I have found a copy of the game, new, still in shrink, but the seller has no idea what language it is and I can't find any hint on the box...
Any idea?
Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
milhouse x
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine has about half a dozen languages on the back of the box but inside the cards and rules are in French. However, I bought it in France. I did not see anywhere on the box where it said what language the contents were in.

However, I found the BGG very helpful in assisting with the language barrier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bertaina
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I think I'll take the risk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is still in shrink there should be a sticker somewhere on the box or rather the shrink wrap. That sticker should also list Rackhams product code.

If that code starts with "UK" it is the english language version ("FR" would be french, "IT" italian, "AL" german, "ES" spanish).

If I recall correctly (sorry, going with long buried memories here) the code for the base game should be XXHYBR01, where the XX signifies the language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bertaina
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Patrick, it's weird but there is not even a sticker like that.
Maybe the former owner took it off ages ago and forgot about it, leaving only the shrikwrap.
I think I'll know the language only when I'll open the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.