Subject: Craftsman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm sure I'm missing the rule somewhere. We are playing our first game using side a of the builder tiles. I'm confused on how to put out tiles 9a and 10a, because we only have space for 6 craftman on our board.
Please help!
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftyrea wrote:
So I'm sure I'm missing the rule somewhere. We are playing our first game using side a of the builder tiles. I'm confused on how to put out tiles 9a and 10a, because we only have space for 6 craftman on our board.
Please help!
Thanks in advance.

When you upgrade a building you only pay the cost difference between them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim O'Leary
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you build you can either build a new building or upgrade one built previously.
So if you had built a level 3 building and have 6 craftsmen you can get the level 9 out by upgrading the three and paying for the six craftsmen. The level 9 replaces the level 3 building.
Great game - have fun!

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Timbol wrote:
When you build you can either build a new building or upgrade one built previously.
So if you had built a level 3 building and have 6 craftsmen you can get the level 9 out by upgrading the three and paying for the six craftsmen. The level 9 replaces the level 3 building.
Great game - have fun!

ninja

That displaced level 3 building goes out of the game. You can't build it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And to provide a reference, which is helpful after reading everyone's responses and you ask yourself, "Where is everyone seeing this in the rulebook???"

Look at:
Page 11, bottom paragraph. (The last paragraph inside the lavender colored box, on the left).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
Timbol wrote:
Great game - have fun!

ninja

True. We usually just cover up the old building with the understanding that only the visible VP score at the end of the game. This way we don't have to have a separate place on the table for old buildings (and it makes sorting faster at end game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland B
Germany
Stolberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
PeterHendee wrote:
Timbol wrote:
Great game - have fun!

ninja

True. We usually just cover up the old building with the understanding that only the visible VP score at the end of the game. This way we don't have to have a separate place on the table for old buildings (and it makes sorting faster at end game).

We do the same and it was the way the game got explained to us at Spiel 2016 by an Eggertspiele employee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cookiemonster83 wrote:
Joakley815 wrote:
PeterHendee wrote:
Timbol wrote:
Great game - have fun!

ninja

We do the same and it was the way the game got explained to us at Spiel 2016 by an Eggertspiele employee.

Same here. it also looks nice on the board to see where people have upgraded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.