Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm speaking specifically to these three:

Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small
Le Havre: The Inland Port
Caverna: Cave vs Cave

Which of these do you think is the deepest, most engaging and replayable experience?

Inland Port I've ignored as it looked fairly abstract. Cave vs. Cave I have on order, but am curious if I made the right call. All Creatures I've heard good things about.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
We like Cave vs Cave better than All Creatures. All Creatures felt stale pretty quickly, and needed the expansions (and we normally don't care about expansions). I imagine they'll make more tiles for Cave vs Cave and that will make it even better, but we've gotten 20 plays out of it so far, so certainly worth the price.

Haven't tried Inland Port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was going to say exactly the same thing as Indigopotter. I like CvC quite a bit more than ACB&S. CvC feels like an improvement over Caverna for 2p, whereas my wife and I just prefer to play 2p Agricola over ACB&S. And I haven't tried Inland Port yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
ACBAS slightly over CvC. If you can't get the ACBAS expansions though, definitely CvC. Does that help?

Inland Port is a good game, but not as good as the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rountrey
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaa
badge
I got it! I got it!... I don't got it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cvc has the best engine building experience imo. Inland port is a fantastic downsize of lehavre but is too forgiving. Acbas is just like Agricola in the sense that you never have enough actions, but it lacks the engine building experience. I VOTE cave vs cave as the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would say ACBAS + both expansions, which BTW the upcoming reprinting will include. I really enjoy CVC, especially solo, but the way the tiles become available adds a bit more in-game randomness than I prefer. I have only played Inland Port via the app, and found that to be boring after about 10 plays (in contrast, I play the ACBAS app nearly every night)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it wrong of me to mention Patchwork as a mini Cottage Garden?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.