Subject: Takeover of track connected to The South rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." - Salvador Dali
badge
Mostly harmless
mbmbmbmbmb

I understand that when building tracks, they can only go out from The South, and not into it. So even if Settle is already a company town, this rule prevents you from (in a single turn) building a series of tracks from Settle to The South to Hellifield.

Does the same rule apply to takeovers? That is, if on one turn I build a track from the South to Settle, and on a later turn I build a track from The South to Hellifield, then could I do a takeover of the series from Settle to The South to Hellifield?

Reading the rules (both the LTtW and FTtN versions), it doesn't seem to be precluded. The restriction on The South is only described in terms of building tracks, not taking them over.

However, I feel like the intention is that such a takeover is not supposed to be allowed. But I have no basis for this other than just my instinct.

I've looked in the forums and have not seen this addressed anywhere. Does anyone know the official word on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.