Subject: Stagecoach Movement Clarification Needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Hsu
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Since you can’t stop at a city tile where you can’t place a pioneer, can you pass it up to a City tile beyond it where you CAN place a pioneer? If there is another directly reachable City tile I “get” that you probably go there first. But what if there is no directly reachable City tile that you place a pioneer and the closest such city tile would be through a city tile where you can’t place a pioner.

Or, can you only go through empty city tile spaces? And also, am I understanding correctly that if you can’t directly get to a pioneer space where you can leave a pioneer and there are no empty tile spaces you can travel through, then you just can’t take a “move” action?

Sorry, had a hard time putting my question to words. Hope it’s not too confusing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Ornella
Germany
Malschenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chester,
you may never pass through cities with tiles. You must stop on the first city with tile you encounter.
And you are allowed to stop there only if you have a corresponding pioneer.

If you do not have, simply you cannot move in that city.

If there are no cities at all that you can reach, you skip the coach movement action.

However this is rare because you may have good chances to buy a coach before the movement to have a good pioneer.
Or you can probably pay more to move several (empty) cities to reach your city with the corresponding pioneers.

As side note: if you do not have any coach in front of you (because all were completed previously), at the start of your turn you MUST buy one coach.

Because you have $3 always at the begin of your turn, you can always choose 3 of the 4 coaches available, which gives you good chances to have a pioneer on your closest city.

Hope this helps.
Ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hsu
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, this helps a lot. Thank you Ema!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.