Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're a bit stumped on it because there are so many surges & when revealed effects that triggers adding more encounter cards in the quest phase. We often find that the staging area is flooding with enemies and/or locations.

Plus the minute cards get added to the one that raises your threat, your threat just snowballs until you run out of time.

Interested to know as no-one has posted strategies yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to git gud, Matt.
Seriously though - no idea, not got around to this one yet.
#helpfulpost
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember this one being bad at all. I last beat it with this fellowship:

http://ringsdb.com/fellowship/view/156

I don't recall how many tries it took, but coming after Nin-in-Eleph it seemed a much easier task.

The key of course is to explore locations quickly before they can be destroyed, both to keep the threat gain down and avoid nasty effects. So location management cards are good, also high enough questing to make sure you can clear the active location every turn -- this also allows you to take damage to the active location as long as it doesn't destroy it.

The first location you should add to setup for stage one should be Collapsed Tower, both because it's low threat and because it removes a chance for it to surge. If you think you have a way of clearing it in the staging area during the quest phase (like Evening Star or Riddermark's Finest), Ruined Plaza would be a good second choice. (I assume from the "we" you're at least 2 players.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this tonight. Two players. We got our asses handed to us.

Game 1 was a loss on turn 2 (many surge cards showed up and flooded staging, 4 heroes died).
Game 2 we lasted until turn 4. That was a TPK.
Game 3 we made it to turn 4 again. That one was a threat loss (several plazas were destroyed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Carrer
Switzerland
Genève
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
I just got through with this fellowship (2-handed)
http://ringsdb.com/fellowship/view/5147/celebrimbor-s-secret
Soooo happy about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.