United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a couple of clarifications needed:

Dummy Ambush

Can a lone PAVN "dummy" hidden move marker trigger an ambush? No actual assault would be performed, but the FWA stack's movement is now over, and the hidden move marker is revealed and places 2 turns ahead.

FWA Ambush (18.5 optional rule)

I'm assuming the +1DMR is applied to the PAVN during the upcoming maneuver combat (assuming maneuver combat was declared), while the -1DMR is applied to the defensive assault roll of the FWA unit (assuming assault combat was declared)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
Just a couple of clarifications needed:

Dummy Ambush

Can a lone PAVN "dummy" hidden move marker trigger an ambush? No actual assault would be performed, but the FWA stack's movement is now over, and the hidden move marker is revealed and places 2 turns ahead.

No, first sentence of 16.6 "PAVN Hidden Movement marker concealing units"

Quote:
FWA Ambush (18.5 optional rule)

I'm assuming the +1DMR is applied to the PAVN during the upcoming maneuver combat (assuming maneuver combat was declared), while the -1DMR is applied to the defensive assault roll of the FWA unit (assuming assault combat was declared)?

Hmm, those are not clear. Correct, the PAVN should get a +1 DRM on any Maneuver Combat, and the FWA should get a -1 in the Assault.

How are you liking the game so far?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:

Love it! I'm fascinated by any games that models airmobile warfare, and this one definitely hits the mark.

I'm currently practicing solo before a face-to-face game in a couple of weeks. Our plan is to give scenario #9 a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
Toadkillerdog wrote:

Love it! I'm fascinated by any games that models airmobile warfare, and this one definitely hits the mark.

I'm currently practicing solo before a face-to-face game in a couple of weeks. Our plan is to give scenario #9 a go.

Fantastic! Please post here and let us all know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting to get a better idea of how to play this somewhat competently.

The scale of the game means you will need to occasionally take operational breaks, and let your forces rest; this might involve tactical retreats to rear areas. Also, it is necessary to have a long term plan, and to stick to it; I guess this last one is true of any wargame, but some games allow you to wing-it more than other... this is not one of them. All in all it makes for a very engaging and satisfying experience!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.