Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as to the experience of others who have played the game at 5 players as both the agent and as a hunter. My experience in this capacity is that the agent players have it relatively easy. In a 4 player game, the hunters are free to concentrate all their effort on locating and defeating the agent. However, in a 5 player game, the agent gets all the tools as in a 4 player game, yet the hunters have a significant hindrance in trying to sniff out the traitor in addition to locating the agent. Why is this? It seems that in order to balance the fact that the hunters have to deal with a traitor, the agent would lose some equipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cave Johnson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The agent doesn't get the same tools as a 4 player game. In fact, nothing from the 4 player rules apply to the 5 player game; that's why they list some of the same rules in each section of the book.

Rules you'll notice are NOT in the 5 players section are those indicating the agent gets more equipment and HP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieFood1337 wrote:
The agent doesn't get the same tools as a 4 player game. In fact, nothing from the 4 player rules apply to the 5 player game; that's why they list some of the same rules in each section of the book.

Rules you'll notice are NOT in the 5 players section are those indicating the agent gets more equipment and HP.

So the agent only gets the equipment and hp that he would receive in the 3 player game? I see...that makes more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished a 5-player game.

Was a tough defeat for the agents. It was impossible to escape the clutches of the hunters n the later half of the game.

Agent: Orangutan
Traitor: The Gun (turned into Cobra after reveal)

The first half of the game the agent was able to stay out of sight all game and clear two objectives using his item cards and had not taken a single damage. But after turn 20 or so it became a lost cause to get to the last objective and the agent was shot 4 times with ease even with the help of the 2nd agent using 2 items to help out.

In the end the only hope was for Cobra to try and draw the Hunters away from the Agent so he could rush for the last objective. Unfortunately he missed 3 rolls on his ability and the hunters killed Cobra and the Hunters won the game.

I have now seen 3 games played, a 2-player a 3-player and a 5-player game. Each time the hunters have won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.