Star Trek: Ascendancy – Borg Assimilation» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assimilated player turns and Borg turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike race

Palm Bay
Florida
msg tools
When a player gets assilimilated, their turn becomes a Borg turn. Do the Borg still get their orginal turn? That is to say, when one player is assimilated the Borg get 2 turns per round, then when a 2nd player is assimilated the Borg gets turns and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the first player who gets assimilated, but if a second player does, the Borg get two turns from my understanding of the rules. Again, I'm not sure if they start getting multiple turns after the first assimilation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
End the Shutdown!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Borg either get their own turn or a turn for each assimilated player per page 5.

Page 5 wrote:
Playing With The Borg
When playing with the Borg, the Borg (or all Assimilated players) receive a Turn Order Card, like other factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And to settle an old debate, the player controlling the Borg DOES have some limited power to control the Borg actions. They choose which command cards to assign to each Cube and decide the order to activate the Cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the game could go into sudden death quickly once a player is assimilated, those borg with the bumping rule and several turns can definitely keep going at it so long as the cubes survive each battle.
A big homeworld defense is a must to avoid assimilation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does snowball quickly. There's big incentive to help someone hang on (while still amassing culture/Ascendancy tokens on your side).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle Borg players are LOSERS! They should have to do the robot! robotrobotrobot

That said, it'll probably happen to me first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.