Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played it at 2 player, only at 4 player a handful of time, so everything here is just anecdotal.

It really shouldn't affect anything. The Knight card attacking is against all opponents, so even in two player it shouldn't seem vindictive just because you are the only other option. I believe you just randomly remove Tier 1 cards from the game when playing with 2 player, so randomly removing cards will affect game play each time because different cards won't be available. So thus, the more you remove, the more varied plays may be. I believe in 2 player you only keep 6 Tier 1 cards if memory serves me correctly.

It's going to be fast at two player, really, really fast. But then again, it's a fast game anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
More cards are removed from the deck than for three player, so it is possible a not even distribution will come out. Keep you eye out for opportunities meeple

I have played it 2 player a few times now and it plays fine.

We find it is about 6 minutes or just under per player regardless of head count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
So thus, the more you remove, the more varied plays may be. I believe in 2 player you only keep 6 Tier 1 cards if memory serves me correctly.

So if you remove all but one card, the result is most random? I doubt it.

You have a random starting row of tier 1 cards, and after that, all the tier 2 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
Vacabck wrote:
So thus, the more you remove, the more varied plays may be. I believe in 2 player you only keep 6 Tier 1 cards if memory serves me correctly.

So if you remove all but one card, the result is most random? I doubt it.

You have a random starting row of tier 1 cards, and after that, all the tier 2 cards.

The more cards you remove, the more random, or less varied, the 6 that remain could be, right? You may not have any Mills or maybe no Castles, or Guardhouses. You do still have all of the Tier 2 cards, but with fewer options in Tier 1, things could be less "programmed".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ellis
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Karlsen wrote:
More cards are removed from the deck than for three player, so it is possible a not even distribution will come out. Keep you eye out for opportunities meeple

We find it is about 6 minutes or just under per player regardless of head count.

Oh my, that is fast, thanks for the intel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
bmfinc wrote:
Karlsen wrote:

Oh my, that is fast, thanks for the intel.

Played two games at 2 players. It's still fun, but you have less strategies available. You can't really focus on millers and brewers since there are less players buying cards, thus less opportunities to make extra points out of other brewers and Inn-keepers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.