6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Named Settlement - +1 Survial for departing survivors permanent? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Bernard
msg tools
Hi guys and gals,
I was wondering if the Bonus of a named Settlement ("+1 Survival for returning survivors when the settlement is named for the first time") applies afer LY1? So do all returning survivors in a named settlement receive +1 survival every time they return?

Is the "for the first time" referring to the process of naming oder the process of survivors returning?

cheers,
pierre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willian Boit Silva
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just after the prologue the returning survivors recieve +1 survival.Another thing just to remember."+1 survival" isn't permanent but is persistent. "+1 survival limit" is permanent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Bernard
msg tools
Thanks!

So to be clear (I am not an English native): the bonus only applies once, to the "First Story" / "Prologue" survivors.

And what do you mean with "not permanent but persistent"? I know that ther is a semantic difference between those 2 words in English with "permanent" being closer to "forever" and "persistent" being closer to "for a longer time period".

But what does this mean concerning the rules?

I know that the survival limit of the settlement sets the maximum value of survival points survivors can obtain. This limit only changes due to events/innovations/principles and is static. Did you mean that with permanent?

Survival (points) aren't automatically replenished after being spent, but are only regained due to events/endeavors/gear etc. And if it says in the rules "+1 survival" then (the spendable) survival points not the limit is meant. Did you mean that with persistent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
KDM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pierre0184 wrote:

I know that the survival limit of the settlement sets the maximum value of survival points survivors can obtain. This limit only changes due to events/innovations/principles and is static. Did you mean that with permanent?

Survival (points) aren't automatically replenished after being spent, but are only regained due to events/endeavors/gear etc. And if it says in the rules "+1 survival" then (the spendable) survival points not the limit is meant. Did you mean that with persistent?

Yes, you got that right. You have understood perfectly how survival points and limit work ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure of the question, so I will take the long route restating everything:

1. Survival LIMIT is a settlement-wide value, and it is the maximum value everyone can have at any given time.

For example, if an event gives you +10 survival, but your current Survival Limit is 3, you just replenish your survival until you get to 3. Additional points are wasted.

2. Any survival gain/loss is persistent. This means that if you get +1 survival during settlement phase, that survival does not go away until you spend it, or an event makes you lose it.

3. Survival is a value that must be recorded for every survivor. It is entirely possible that a survivor gains +10 survival and not spending it, while your usual 4 hunters keep gaining 1 and spending 1 every time.

4. Survival never automatically replenishes. There must always be something to replenish it. If you find it difficult to depart with full survival, begin investing in stuff that makes you depart with more survival (Ammonia/Lantern Oven, Dried Acanthus, Rawhide Armor, Stone Noses (at arrival), and so on.

Does this clarify the matter for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Bernard
msg tools
Yes, now everyhting is clear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.