Subject: 2and 3rd Attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I missed thisvin the rules..but for the qualified fighters making 2nd.and 3rd.attacks...is there a position change after the attack,or do they remain in the initial positions..? I believe I read that the 6 O’clock position has the attacker make a 180....am I right in this?
Thanks..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rose
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any qualifying fighter making an additional pass rolls on tables 5-9 and 5-9A on page 21 of the Game Tables book to determine a new clock position and level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mangz
msg tools
mb
aerogoose wrote:
Any qualifying fighter making an additional pass rolls on tables 5-9 and 5-9A on page 21 of the Game Tables book to determine a new clock position and level.

This is correct. In the files section there are some chart references, one of which contains these tables that you can print and keep handy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks...I have downloaded the charts and sequence of play...thought I would get the game to the table tonight....Hate reading rules,so I intend following the sequence and referenced charts...IYO,do you feel the game will play well that way?...I did a cursory rules read..but nothing in depth...Opinions,please..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I do not need a sequence of play -player aid.

IMO the tables are well laid out in sequence. If a result divert to a different table - it is clearly stated in the table.

When finished in a zone - you jump back to weather and start over again.

The only thing that may confuse a beginner is flying in target zone.

Keep weather/contrails.

Next:
Fighter
Flak
Bomb run (Turn the bomber counter back home).
Flak
Fighter

Edit:
I am not fan of printing out copies of tables. It clutters the table and throw you off sequence. As stated above, Standard sequence is to start with weather. Flip to next page and do the procedure here. Continue on next page... and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,i guess there are varying thoughts on the subject...I feel there might be less clutter as everything in the tables are printed out and numbered...including the hit tables for the planes...I guess the only way to find out what style best fits the player,is to try both...As I am a new player,I have no problem with this...I also think there might be another step...checking for mechanical breakdown..right?
Thanks for the response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hodges69 wrote:
Well,i guess there are varying thoughts on the subject...I feel there might be less clutter as everything in the tables are printed out and numbered...including the hit tables for the planes...I guess the only way to find out what style best fits the player,is to try both...As I am a new player,I have no problem with this...I also think there might be another step...checking for mechanical breakdown..right?
Thanks for the response.

Yes - forgot mech breakdown. Did not check rules while typing.
No doubt you know enough to enjoy the game without checking rules for every step...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really,really looking forward to playing....sounds like it has the potential for a most excellent narrative...I really am truly baffled by posters who say there is no decision making in the game.Would have to ask them what they might put in the game to give it more fpdecision making..
Thanks again..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As in real life - there is not much to do for a bomber in formation. Crew reports incoming bandits and you decide who shoots at which bandit.

The excitement is all about what happens the next second when bullets fly. And what the weather will be in next zone. And what the flak level will be.
Not much to do with it - just pray and hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
“as in real life”hits the nail on the head!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.