Angelo Ng
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking of using the Imperial Assault line of sight rules for our Road to Legend campaign, but I'm afraid of the effect it would have on balance.

Has anyone else done it? Does it ruin the balance, or does it improve the experience altogether?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charmy 004
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've used IA's LoS rules for more than a year.

I've had no problems with balance or quest rules, and its improved the tactical depth of the game in my opinion, since its easier to defend a critical target from attack (for both heroes and Overlord).

Keep in mind that it does weaken any abilities that affect all figures in line of sight, but it does this for both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Ng
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Charmy wrote:
I've used IA's LoS rules for more than a year.

I've had no problems with balance or quest rules, and its improved the tactical depth of the game in my opinion, since its easier to defend a critical target from attack (for both heroes and Overlord).

Keep in mind that it does weaken any abilities that affect all figures in line of sight, but it does this for both sides.

But have you used it with the app? I fear that the app can't take advantage of the tactical complexity it adds, which becomes one-sided in favor of the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Weeks
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT BUT I DIE FOR IT
badge
YAMAHA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used IA rules for the RtL app and I didn't notice any negative effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charmy 004
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Works fine with the app. The only real differences are that their attempts to 'spot' heroes may require more movement points than before, and effects that target figures in line of sight are weaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.