Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joachim Griemert
Germany
Schwülper
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
If i buy a Breaktrough movement, do i also get a new strategic movement for free or cost it another special action for the strategic movement?

I´m no sure, the rulebook says it no clear, i think!?

Thanks!

Greetings from Germany
Cunki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:An Extra Special action for Strategic movement, yes or no?
Cunki (#31026),

A Special action will buy you ONE of:

A breakthrough Operational Movement Phase, with a destination area for the move announced.

- OR -

A Breakthrough Strat-move, with a fresh allotment of Strat-moves for that power.

But not both.

I hope that helps (may not be the answer you were hoping for if you're in the middle of a game though).

Feel free to ask any more game questions in this thread, as I'm happy to help.

Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Griemert
Germany
Schwülper
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rick Young (#31027),

thank you, Rick for your fast reply!
Yes, that was the answer i waiting for....
I played the game instinctively right in this matter!
It is great to get an answer from the "master" himself! :-)
Rick, i believe you are one of the most responsitive game designer on the game market..... go on with this!!!
I hope, you develop another game, i promise you, i am the first man who buys it, without looking into the box!!!

Greetings from an enthusiastic German fan
Achim(Cunki)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cunki (#31062),

No worries, I enjoy supporting my games. I do have two more I'm working on at the moment, and GMT Games is interested in seeing them. Watch their P500 list, hopefully you'll see them there soon

Best regards,

Rick Young

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Griemert
Germany
Schwülper
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rick Young (#31112),

Oh, that´s great!
I will look to the list regularly now!

Tschüss
Achim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Young (#31112),

Yes Rick, please keep BGG informed of your latest works. In fact, is there anything you can tell us all now regarding your latest ideas/creations?
Based on my experience with EE, I would be inclined to buy any game with your name on it (except for maybe "Rick Young's Big Box of Chlorine Gas" game)
May I suggest Pacific Engulfed, or a World War I version of E.E. (with special actions costing triple to display the total inability of most generals to make anything happen)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin - Thanks for that vote of confidence (he says as he strikes the box of chlorine gas game from the to-be-designed list).

The two games I'm working on now are WW II battle games (block games). The hope is that each battle will be completely playable within 3 - 4 hours.

The plan is to have both battles included in one box (Bulge & Sicily), with one backprinted cardstock map. One set of Series rules (8 or so pages) and battle specific rules (4 pages max).

The Series will be called the Fast Action Battle (FAB) Series. GMT will look them over in May, and will hopefully go forward with them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Young (#32104),

Hey, that sounds good. I would wager that GMT will be jumping at the chance to produce another one of your games after the success of Europe Engulfed.

Have you ever considered a WWI game? I have this idea that your system with a few minor modifications would be excellent for such a game covering 1914-1918 in it's entirety. The fog-of-war that your system allows would make it an ideal simulation of the total lack of information that most commanders have. Throw in the odd basic tank design in time for the Somme, and that's another game I'd definitely buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

Yes indeed, Europe Entrenched is on the to-be-designed list, after Asia Engulfed (AE may or may not get designed after a feasibility study).

I also have a Solomons Campaign design in the early process.

Rick Young

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.