Alexander Gambon
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Everything is an experience. Even game night.
badge
It rhymes with my name, okay?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game + wookie warriors, IG, and Rebel Troopers.

I've been away for a while, but want to get back in. I'd like to get up to speed on expansions, but considering that we will never play campaign and only skirmish, I'm sure I don't need all of it.

Which expansions are a must for skirmish, and which fall flat? Should I get all of the big box expansions? Or are some of them mostly campaign stuff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends. If you want to play skirmish on a very competitive level I'm afraid you are going to need a lot of them, some even double.

Read this thread, it's very informative what skirmish is concerned. Basically all units in the game are reviewed from a skirmish point of view:
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/250722-grand-...

According to this article, the best (tier 1) models are from:

Core: Gideon Argus, Regular Imperial Officer, Darth Vader (Tier 1)

Twin Shadows: -

Return to Hoth: -

The Bespin Gambit
: Regular Ugnaught Tinkerer, Elite Ugnaught Tinkerer

Jabba's Realm:
Vinto Hreeda, Onar Koma, Elite Jet Trooper, Weequay Pirate, Elite Weequay Pirate

Heart of the Empire: Drokkatta, Elite Clawdite Shapeshifter

Ally and villain packs: Chewbacca, Han Solo, C-3PO, Hera Syndulla, Elite Alliance Rangers, Captain Terro
Dewback Rider, Bantha Rider, Jabba the Hutt, Greedo, Emperor Palpatine, IG-88, Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight

.. and then we haven't talked about tier 2 models and command cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you end up getting a good scum team, get two Jawas. Wonderful synergy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that for tournament play you will need the attachment "fix" cards for Darth Vader, IG-88, Han Solo, and Chewbacca as those figures are terrible as released.

For casual play you can just proxy those cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Del Mundo
Philippines
flag msg tools
Sorry what do you mean by attachment 'fix' cards? Where can I get those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Roy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the "fix" cards are attachments that change the abilities and cost of the figures. They were released in hopes of fixing some unbalanced abilities/cost in early figures.
IG-88's fix is in the Jawa pack (I think), and Han and Chewie are in the new Heart of the Empire expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

animaskie wrote:
Sorry what do you mean by attachment 'fix' cards? Where can I get those?

Heart of the Empire Expansion

Jawa Character Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Decent scum list get core, jabbas realm, jabba fig pack.
decent imperial; core, heart of empire, palpatine, jabbas realm(jet troopers)
decent rebel... lotsa figure packs; core, jedi luke, alliance rangers, c3po, han, heart of empire, hera.
There has been a wookie list making a few splashes, heart of empire for Drokkatta and chewie fix, chewie pack and wookie warriors.

I am not going to break down command card decks and what cards come from where.

I consider core, jabbas realm and heart of the empire to give the most value, then fleshing out with figure packs depending on your play style.

oh and there is a map rotation, either have to buy the vinyl from ffg or get certain fig packs and certain big boxes. current rotation(it is about to change) is anchorhead from obiwan, jabbas palace from jabba and nul hutta swamp from alliance rangers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.