Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little iffy on how this works. I prepared 2 sites with landing beacons (Kweilin, Kian), and made my roll for the even check. It came up with "Japanese Attack", so I rolled again and the attack hit Yushan. Right now there isn't anything in Yushan to attack, so I'm not clear if I still place the Japanese Attack token and take the security penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Yes, place the Japanese Attack marker in the Landing Site Box as a reminder that it was attacked. The Security Risk penalty applies.

Here's why. The air strips are not constructed by your preparation of a Landing Site, they begin the game as existing installations, and as such, they are targets for the Japanese. The increase of the Security Risk reflects the possibility that Chinese personnel were captured. Yushan was not prepared, but maybe the prisoner knows that another site is being stockpiled with fuel, or he knows that U.S. Army personnel are inspecting/assessing air strips near the coast. The Japanese did not find fuel or parts at Yushan, but they may have learned something.

B-25s can land in China even if you don't prepare any of the landing sites. That is, a Landing Beacon marker is not necessary for landing. It greatly aids landing, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. That's kinda what I figured. Can't really roll out an airstrip like a carpet.

BTW, the way you built this game out is amazing. The one thing I dislike about war games is the lack of agency that usually comes with the nature of attempting to simulate the history. Being able to plan the operation end to end gives context to the randomness, and the game becomes more about mitigating risk and compromising between long term needs and short term success. Even stuff like weather, which normally pisses me off with the arbitrary chaotic nature of rolling dice on a table, works just fine for me here. It's easy to imagine sitting in the cockpit of one of these bombers shitting my pants as we fly into a storm...

And your comprehensive player aids are basically the best thing ever. That's what got this game on the table rather than just on the shelf. Make more games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Make more games? I'm on it! (I'm just very slow...)

Thanks for the kind words. They are much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JWgamewhen wrote:
Make more games?

Definitely yes!

In this context, I remind you of an earlier sugestion: "Mossies against the Gestapo. Mosquito's actions over occupied Europe" (Oslo, Amiens, Hague, Aarhus, Copenhagen, Odense).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.