Philip Kristoffersen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Why does the Alliance draw outrage cards at the beginning of their turn and not at the very end, after they have discarded to their hand limit?

When playing as the alliance it can be pretty hard to plan your turn, as you draw outrage cards right at the beginning of your turn.
This leads to a lot of "waiting for the alliance" time, as everyone else can plan ahead a lot better.

If outrage cards are drawn at the end of the turn they can plan ahead and only the "draw income" would change their available cards, but then they would still have time to think during the Eyrie's turn.

I get that the tax collector would be able to steal their cards, but is there any other reason?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's because the birds might kill their buildings so you'd get an extra card this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kristoffersen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Zlarp wrote:
I guess it's because the birds might kill their buildings so you'd get an extra card this way.

So the birds might destroy a hideout, and this would make their outrage increase, that is also different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having more cards in your hand between turns makes you more likely to have Ambush cards and would give the Vagabond more to steal from.

Also, if you draw at the end of your turn, then you're always going to be a turn behind on getting the cards - ie, if turn 1 you get a bonus card instead of getting to play it right away you won't actually get to play it until turn 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Funny enough I had a very similar idea to post, though decided not to.

In my eye's I felt that the Woodland Alliance should draw their Outrage Cards at the end of Marquise's night phase (After discard down to hand limit to be specific.

Seemed a little messy of a solution though as it opens them up to Eyrie plays (though perhaps this could be an interesting feature?)

I think I'm in agreeance about not liking the draw at beginning of turn feature. I think you could cut alot of time wasted waiting for Woodland players to plan things by giving them time during the Eyrie turn.

This might not be such a bad thing as Eyrie abilities that can take Woodland cards can be accounted for (as they usually require morning phase to take effect.)

Having more chances of getting ambushes might work in favor to game balance, as well as theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
watching what has been going on in house, this discussion is at the end of a dead branch. I wouldn't worry about it too much more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.