Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The GOP must want more folks to keep Roy Moore company

Quote:
President Trump is reportedly urging Maine's GOP Gov. Paul LePage to run against Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) for Senate in 2018.

White House advisers told The Washington Post that Trump plans to call LePage to encourage him to run and offer his endorsement.

“The president is actively engaged in fundraising, candidate recruitment and other efforts to help elect Republicans up and down the ballot,” White House spokesman Raj Shah told the Post. He declined to comment on LePage specifically, saying the conversations are private

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/363647-trump-pushing-ma...

I doubt the GOP will even bother to voice their "outrage" over this. Any soul they had left has departed their collective body with Roy Moore's candidacy. Here's hoping the Democrats don't manage to f this election up like they did the one allowing this miserable excuse of a human being to become Governor in the first place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Angus King. He does caucus with the Dems, and would be high on my list for potential presidential candidates in 2020. After Franken, who is not toast, he would be a strong choice to run (for me). Sadly, he does not have name recognition, and he is not a billionaire, so he will likely not go far, even if he decided to run.

Susan Collins was mulling a run to replace LePage, but decided against it. Demonstrates that one persons cup of tea might not be anothers. King has already served as governor, so he's been there, done that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.