Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Ryder
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1- sleeved cards don't fit.

#2- cards holders not deep enough for expansion cards. Could have been as deep as the token holder.

#3- finger holes don't reach the bottom of the card holder so the last couple cards are difficult to get out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say 90% of the games I buy have an insert that goes directly to the recycle bin, so this didn't really bother me at all. I'm just happy everything fits in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ryder
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So true. A shame since we're paying for it.
Otherwise the components are top notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann Christoffers
United States
Kountze
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mryder wrote:
#1- sleeved cards don't fit.

#2- cards holders not deep enough for expansion cards. Could have been as deep as the token holder.

#3- finger holes don't reach the bottom of the card holder so the last couple cards are difficult to get out.

I completely agree. Sadly, this was a manufacturing problem, not a design one.

First, in the specs sheet and layout I sent to the manufacturer it specified that the smaller deck areas were to be large enough to accommodate sleeved cards, and that they should be as deep as possible.

The larger token area was supposed to be a little deeper too so that in the fullness of time after multiple expansions cards could be stacked sideways, and the top deck holes could be used for tokens.

On the finger holes, I didn't specify exactly "how deep" they should be, but that was my mistake in assuming that finger holes should reach the bottom of the area they are built around and trusting the manufacturer on the final layout.

Sadly, due to serious communications issues, I never got to see the final insert until all the games had been manufactured, packed, and sealed, and as we were months behind our estimated delivery and the manufacturer refused to re-do the inserts, I had no choice but to let it ride.

The insert is one of my only gripes about the main game. Some of the packaging on other items, however, also got me upset. Primarily the insert on the coin set (it was supposed to safely fit the coins in coin-shaped storage holes, not be a big open tray with them rolling about individually).

These are problems that we intend to correct with the next print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Insert problem...yes it got crushed with the rest of the box in shipping...email sent to DKG. No response yet...hoping that is due to the holidays and being busy...

EDIT - Email response 2018/01/16 - Replacement on route. Thank you DKG!

EDIT - Never did get replacement as I was expected to psy international shipping again. Will not be backing future kickstarters from DKG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O'Quin

Texas
msg tools
mb
If you do not mind the box lid not going all the way down, the Broken Token Organizer for The Dresden Files fits in the base game box, all the cards with sleeves fit and you can use the token trays to store the coins (cardboard chips or metal). Like i said the only downside is the lid will be lifted about 1/8 inch, but is full supported by the organizer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.