Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick question about 'Frail' and multiple hits/attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Koutsoumpas
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I attacked a SA with a Bone Blade and hit twice. I reveal 2 HL: Giant Teeth which has Super-Dense and Restless Shank which has a knockback as a Wound reaction.
Attacking Restless Shank first comes with an increased risk of skipping the next wound roll since the character will be out of reach, so my fight thought was to attack Giant Teeth first. However since the weapon is destroyed now, does this mean I can't add the bonus from the weapon to the wound roll, or do bonuses from the weapon remain for the duration of the attack?

Edit: I think the best option is to attack Restless Shank and hope for a hit that will put some distance between us. In that case do I save the weapon, or is the weapon destroyed anyway? The Super-dense description reads "If the attacked hits this location with a frail weapon it is damaged. Archive this weapon at the end of the attack." which makes me think that there is no way to save the weapon, as the attack did hit. On the other hand, if I am not close anymore to attempt a wound roll, doesn't this mean that there was no contact with the monster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd definitely go for the reaction that likely cancels breaking my weapon. I can't think of a time I've considered the alternative, so I can't help you re: stat changes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
My recollection is breaking due to Frail is after the attack is complete (so all HL's). Guess I'll look that up... yep, confirmed in the glossary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Koutsoumpas
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. At the time I decided to play it as:
Resolve the first HL, and if a reaction forces me away from the SA, no second wound roll, but also no weapon breaking. It just made sense this way.
Sadly, I got a critical on that first wound roll which means the reaction was canceled and I had to resolve the second HL. These crits come when I least expect them... or want them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
this is why cats eye circlet is your friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lang
msg tools
Verbing nouns since 2011
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
this is why cats eye circlet is your friend

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Leroy
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
The wording of frail that you've quoted specifies hits, not wounds. Once you've drawn a HL card you've already hit it regardless of whether or not you get to attempt to wound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, wording on frail in the card specifies hit.

Also, updated 1.5 glossary talks about "wound attempt". Anyway, in the case you specified, hits out of range are cancelled, so it should be a clear call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.